User was able to skip provinces on invoice- therefore skipping taxes

8 years 1 month ago #279057 by cagoffice
Hello!

We had a user who was renewing a subscription online and they skipped filling in their province and therefore, skipped paying taxes. I thought normally it prompts you to fill in the required fields (which includes province). I could be wrong.

His basket ID number is 388 if you want to log into our admin and check it out.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #279063 by krileon
Ensure "Invoicing address handling at payment time" within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices is set to "Mandatory invoicing address". Then under "CB fields for first invoicing address of customer" don't map to any fields to force them to fill out the invoice form entirely. Beyond that no idea how they skipped a required input.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago #279064 by cagoffice
Oh so currently I have it "Mandatory Invoicing Address" but I linked the fields to their CB profile. If the profile is missing the data, it does not prompt them to complete it? I am understanding now.

Hmmmm it's tricky because I want them to have the convenience of not filling out their invoicing details since we already capture that data.

How the does the system know that Company Name may not be mandatory but Province will be if I take out the matching CB Fields?

8 years 1 month ago #279073 by krileon
Province isn't mandatory. Only the following invoice fields are.

First Name
Last Name
Address
City
Zipcode
Country

Believe this is because not every country provides provinces. You can however modify the invoice address XML file below and make it mandatory if you want, but I'm unsure if CBSubs will validate it and error if it's missing.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/xml/edit.front.invoice.xml

This is done by adjusting the first instance of the following.

<param name="address_state" type="xml:state" blanktext="--- Click to select state ---" size="" default="" label="State" description="" />
TO:
<param name="address_state" type="xml:state" blanktext="--- Click to select state ---" size="" default="" label="State" description="" validate="required" />

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago #279080 by cagoffice
Shoot! I think that maybe we will just have to keep an eye on every payment and ensure that people have filled out province. Otherwise, we'll be in some troubles come tax season.

8 years 1 month ago #279095 by krileon
Does the XML change help? As it should make the province input required.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.801 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn