Banning front-end users after login

6 years 1 month ago #302828 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Banning front-end users after login
Was this ever solved? I am having the same problem and it's driving me insane. This is the URL that is showing the message "Your login is blocked."

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=login&Itemid=114

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #302841 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Banning front-end users after login
If you've CBSubs configured to not allow free registrations without a subscription their account will be blocked when they expire. This is working as designed. You can turn it off within CBSubs > Settings > Global. On login they should be asked to renew or upgrade if there are plans available to them to do so.

The only other blocking functionality in CB is CB AntiSpam and if you're not using CBSubs I suggest checking your CB AntiSpam configuration to see if you turned on any of the auto blocking features.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302844 by boyjahq
I do not have CB Antispam installed. Attached is image of relevant CBSubs settings. They have always been this way and I have not changed them.
Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago #302850 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Banning front-end users after login
Change "Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" to "Yes" to disable this behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302937 by boyjahq
I Changed "Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions)" to "Yes" but this is not the answer. With that setting, even expired users are simply allowed to login and use the site as if they were not expired. I have 1 plan and it is set to renew at any time, no limitation to the number of occurrences of regular validity/price.

After testing, I have found that, if the subscription expires while the user happens to be logged in, then when they log out and login again, they are simply blocked. But if the subscription expires when they are NOT logged in, then everything works as it should. When they next login they are told that their subscription is expired and they are given the opportunity to renew.

After that happens, they can be renewed from the CB User Management in the backend, however upon every other expiration after that, whether they are logged in or not when it expires, they are simply blocked next time they login and not offered the chance to renew.

6 years 1 month ago #302942 by boyjahq
After more experimentation, it seems that it may be an ACL issue on my side. I will investigate more and let you know what I find

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn