Banning front-end users after login

6 years 11 months ago #293733 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic Banning front-end users after login
I've sent login info via PM.

NOTE: In trying to set-up a superadmin for you, I found that this issue is blocking all new accounts on the admin-side. Even if they have a subscription, they get set as Enabled: No. (That's why I had to give you login using a different extension maker's test login - sorry).

I've looked for any other 'user' extensions that may have been 'messing around' with the login process, but I did not find any (other than those previously mentioned).
(We did have JSN Easy Profile installed and using before we switched to CB, but that was completely deleted when we switched to CB).

Also ... there is another 'issue' that we've been trying to track down (across a number of sites) where the admin 'content' of the screen is getting a huge 'padding' added at the top, so you may need to scroll down to see page content.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #293734 by cpaschen
UPDATE (and possible explanation) ...

I just saw that I got some email noticed about creating SuperUsers:

"If you are receiving this email it means that these Super User accounts were created outside Joomla's “Users” page."

I'm doing some more checking to see if this all related to Akeeba Admin Tools in some way (which I believe sent that email).

6 years 11 months ago #293735 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Banning front-end users after login
Strange, I don't see anything wrong with CBSubs configuration. Also tested a new exclusive plan and it also wouldn't display on login. Seams like CBSubs onlogin behavior isn't firing at all. I believe you've something installed doing this. If you re-enable a user that was disabled then attempt to login through CB you are sent to the following.

/component/users/?view=login&Itemid=101

Then presented with "Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet.". That's a Joomla user component page. More specifically Joomla login page. I've no idea what's trying to send the user to Joomla on CB login attempt.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #293737 by cpaschen
Thanks for confirming what I was starting to think was the problem (3rd party 'stuff').

I think I may have identified a potential conflict between CB and Akeeba Admin tools (I'll test more and post if confirmed/repeatable). However, very possibly all related to the main issue on this site.

Unfortunately, I inherited this site with lots of 'stray code' throughout.

I'll update here once I dig through this and get to the bottom (or still have the issue on a 'clean' site).

6 years 11 months ago #293738 by cpaschen
One thing that is perplexing me (and might point me in the proper direction to locate the issue)...

Should the user be having Enabled set to NO for the user when their subscription is expired? (based on our CB configuration)?

6 years 11 months ago #293739 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Banning front-end users after login

Should the user be having Enabled set to NO for the user when their subscription is expired? (based on our CB configuration)?

Yes, it disables their account in this case and on login will allow them to re-enable either by renewing or upgrading to another plan. The alternative is to allow free subscriptions without registration then set your plans to be Exclusive instead of Non-Exclusive.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn