Banning front-end users after login

6 years 11 months ago #293676 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Banning front-end users after login
They won't be logged in when asked to subscribe or renew. They should see a CBSubs plans selection page with "A membership is needed for access." shown at the top. My guess is some plan configuration is preventing them from displaying.

Try creating a new user with no subscription then logging them in to see if the page displays. If it does then subscribe them from backend and force expire/cancel their subscription then try logging that test user in again to see what displays.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #293704 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic Banning front-end users after login
OK ... new user without subscription works as it should.

But I have a 'dumb' question (that I can't find answer in tutorials or searching the forum) ...

How do I add a subscription for a user on the backend?

6 years 11 months ago #293716 by krileon
Edit them within CB > User Management then under the Subscription tab select a subscription for them there then save their profile. Next login and make sure they can login fine (if they're blocked goahead and fix that at same time as giving them subscription). Once that's confirmed working logout then remove their subscription by editing them in backend again and expiring/cancelling the subscription you gave them then attempt to login to see if it asks to renew or presents plans to upgrade to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #293725 by cpaschen
Well, the good(?) news is that it is releatable:

1. Create new user
2. Manually add subscription to their account
3. login - works fine
4. log-out
5. Manually unsubscribe them (within CB Paid Subscriptions | Subscriptions -> check Unsubscribe box and save)
6. Login - get "Your login is blocked")

In reviewing the admin, this is what I find about the 'state' of things:

CB Subscription entry:
* Has a subscription entry
* Autorenew Type: Manual
* Autorecurring Type: Not autorecurring
* Recurings used: 1
* Maximum recurrings: unlimited

CB User account:
* Banned: no
* Enabled: NO
* Confirmed: Yes
* Approved: Yes

CB User account Subscription Tab:
* Subscription has a "Resubscribe: 3 months for ... " checkbox (and Delete)

I've also tried resubscribing the test user and it works, then unsubscribing and get the same results (so very consistent).

I've also watched when testing and the user's Enabled field gets set to NO when the subscription gets set to unsubscribed (not based on them 'trying' to log-in).

So, I'm wondering if there is some way that when the user logs in, a bad log-in is getting redirected to some other (access restricted) page instead of the subscription renewal page?

One other thing that I don't understand ... how can they be presented with the 'renew' option, if they aren't logged in? (that's just a curiosity thing for me).

Other user-related extensions installed (Just in case they might have an impact on this):
* AltaUser Points
* uddeIM PMS

Any ideas what might be causing this?

6 years 11 months ago #293729 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. I'm not sure what's causing your issue unless no plans are accessible to them.

One other thing that I don't understand ... how can they be presented with the 'renew' option, if they aren't logged in? (that's just a curiosity thing for me).

Because CBSubs has code for handling that scenario.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 11 months ago #293732 by cpaschen
Just one more bit of test info.

The site actually has 3 different subscriptions available.
* Sub 1 = Free lifetime
* Sub 2 = Paid quarterly
* Sub 3 = Free lifetime

Testing a user who has an existing Sub1 or Sub3 (free lifetime) subscription, even when Sub2 expires, the user can still log-in and access their Sub1/Sub3 items (just Sub 2 is gone/hidden).

However, they aren't in any way 'warned' that their Sub2 has expired. (But we can take care of alerting them manually).

Also, when I tested expiring a user with just Sub 1 (free), the user also gets marked as Enabled: NO.
And when trying to login they get the same error as with Sub 2 (paid).

So it is not 'plan-specific' (that I can tell).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.536 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn