Form to add a user

2 years 2 months ago #328251 by PaceOnline
Form to add a user was created by PaceOnline
We have a client request to create a special "staff" user using a form in the front-end, can we use auto actions to create a user from a form?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #328255 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Form to add a user
Yes, you can use whatever form builder extension you like or if you prefer to just create the form yourself using HTML that's also fine and have it submit to an auto action. Example auto action as follows.

Global
Triggers: None
Type: Registration
User: Self
Access: STAFF_ACL_HERE
Action
Username: [post_username]
Email: [post_email]
Groups: Registered
First Name: [post_firstname]

For STAFF_ACL_HERE be sure to select whatever usergroup the special staff user has assigned. This will ensure only they can use this auto action. Notice how the data is being populated from POST substitutions and the name of the substitution will just be whatever the input name is in your form. You can set the values for all kinds of fields from this auto action as well and will handle the entire user creation process for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 1 week ago #335447 by PaceOnline
Replied by PaceOnline on topic Form to add a user
Can I use this form to populate a groupjive group multi-select field in the same auto action? I want to be able to add these new users to specific staff groups on the form then they join those groups during the auto action.

6 months 1 week ago #335449 by krileon
You might be able to by creating a Auto Join field then try setting its value from the registration auto action otherwise it'll get a lot more complicated and require chaining auto actions together.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 1 week ago #335450 by PaceOnline
Replied by PaceOnline on topic Form to add a user
How would I set the value of the auto join since it has a list of group names do I simply use a comma separated list of the names ie. field = "group1, group2, group3" etc?

6 months 1 week ago #335451 by krileon
The field works with group ids. I've never tried doing this so it may not even work, but it's possible I could make adjustments so it can. Try using the |*| delimiter which is what we store array values with. So the following for example.

GROUP_ID_1|*|GROUP_ID_2|*|GROUP_ID_3

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds