CBSubs stripe integration question

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #331660 by activha
CBSubs stripe integration question was created by activha
Hello

Stripe had some issues recently with dealing with SEPA payments and we had to dig in its history.

At this occasion, I noticed that when a SEPA payment was marked as failed at Stripe, the CBsubs subscription was on hold and the basket marked as Reversed with a Pay button.
The Pay button does not work so it's not possible to pay the basket with another mean

But the issue is that Stripe keeps the subscription as active and a new invoice is anticipated the month after.  So if the next month sepa payment is correct at Stripe, CBSubs is not updated and the subscription is still stopped/on hold on our website.

I thought that this issue was solved but apparently not.

Apart of being able to repay the reversed basket (on which if I remember correctly you already have a todo on hold), it is important to deal with Stripe subscription which is kept active.

Either the next month correct payment at Stripe reactivate CBsubs subscription but there will be the last month payment unpaid

Or the Stripe subscription needs to be canceled and not on hold until the next payment.

Could you have a look at this issue ?

Thanks a lot
Jean

Edit:
If we renew the subscription from CBsubs front or backend, it seems like Stripe has two subscriptions activated : one activated with payment suspended and another one with trial activated for the next month
And of course even if the payment succeeds for the new subscription, the user subscription is still marked as expired.
I joined a screenshot if it may help
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mhairi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #331662 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs stripe integration question
A Reversed status means a dispute was created. It won't clear until the dispute Webhook notifies CBSubs that the dispute was won or lost. If lost it'll cancel the subscription. If won it'll reactive it. Check within Stripe to be sure that has happened.

You should be able to configure how Stripe behaves on failed payments within Stripes Dashboard. The recommendation is to retry and then fail and cancel the subscription, but you mentioned SEPA payments constantly go into a Dispute state which is frankly weird and I've no idea why Stripe does that, but it will put a hold on the subscription.

As for being able to pay again and start up a new subscription have added a bug ticket as you indeed should not be able to do a manual renewal there for a recurring subscription when it's in a disputed state.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9075

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mhairi

1 year 5 months ago #331665 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs stripe integration question

A Reversed status means a dispute was created. It won't clear until the dispute Webhook notifies CBSubs that the dispute was won or lost. If lost it'll cancel the subscription. If won it'll reactive it. Check within Stripe to be sure that has happened.

No it does not happen, the subscription is never cancelled as Stripe keeps it on hold and retries a new payment the following month. So from our side we contact the customer, start a new or renew the subscription and then the customer ends with two payments the following month.

On Stripe settings I have this warning

Nous avons constaté que vous utilisez l'attribut 

payment_method_types
 pour configurer vos moyens de paiement. Pour gérer les moyens de paiement à partir de cette page,  remplacez 
payment_method_types
 par 
automatic_payment_methods
.Si vous préférez utiliser l'attribut 
payment_method_types
, suivez les instructions figurant sur la  page de configuration manuelle .

1 year 5 months ago #331666 by krileon

No it does not happen, the subscription is never cancelled as Stripe keeps it on hold and retries a new payment the following month. So from our side we contact the customer, start a new or renew the subscription and then the customer ends with two payments the following month.

It's not going to cancel for a reversal. It will only cancel when the dispute is lost. It'll wait for the dispute to be handled at Stripe which should send a Webhook once the dispute is handled.

On Stripe settings I have this warning

That's just telling you instead of manually specifying what payment methods are available you can let Stripe determine what payment methods are available. That can be ignored. This has nothing to do with your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 5 months ago #331667 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs stripe integration question

Stripe which should send a Webhook once the dispute is handled.

I don't think this happens as we have 155 accounts on Stripe the payments of which are marked as suspended each month but never cancelled.
So there is never an info to CBSubs
We need to check one by one for now

1 year 5 months ago #331668 by krileon
Disputes have to be handled manually as far as I'm aware. CBSubs can't act if Stripe doesn't tell it to so I don't know what you want me to do here. CBSubs Stripe has full dispute handling tested working, but if it's never told a dispute was handled there's nothing I can do about this.

You should be able to see and manage your disputes in your Stripe dashboard under Payments > All Payments > Disputes. If you've any further questions about this process I suggest contacting Stripe as we're already handling all the dispute webhooks. Maybe they're using some other webhook that I'm not aware of? You should be able to check what webhooks were sent in Developers > Webhooks > YOUR_URL as well as Developers > Events.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn