CBSubs multiple subscriptions

1 year 3 months ago #332352 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs multiple subscriptions

- a dropdown list with the number of subscriptions purchased by the company

Use CBSubs Options and add a dropdown select option to do this. Add how many licenses you want them to be able to purchase. Use relative pricing to increase the price of the plan based off the selected licenses. Example as follows.

Integrations > Options > Options
Plan Options: Enable
Option 1
Title: Licenses
Name: licenses
Type: Drop Down (Single Select)
Display: Inline
Default: 1
Required: Yes
Values
Value 1
Value: 1
Label: 1 License
Price: +100
Value 2
Value: 2
Label: 2 Licenses
Price: +200
Value 3
Value: 3
Label: 3 Licenses
Price: +300
Value 4
Value: 4
Label: 4 Licenses
Price: +400

That should give a dropdown that increases the price by +100 per license.

- an option list with a monthly price and an annual price (that we already have)

You already have this, but for others curious you can configure that under Integrations > Options > Prices.

- the ability to share the subscriptions bought to company users (maybe family plan but we need to affect one purchased plan to one family member)

Use CBSubs Family Plans. The below should work for this based off the above licenses example.

Integrations > Family Plans
Sharing: Yes
Limit: Licenses (cb_licenses) <- create an integer field named this

Integrations > CB Fields
Field: Licenses (cb_licenses)
Operator: Set
Value: [PLAN_OPTS_OPTION_LICENSES]
Remove value on plan deactivation: Yes
Value on plan deactivation: 0

That will set the cb_licenses field value to the number of licenses purchased by substituting in the select licenses option value, which as shown above is set to 1, 2, 3, etc.. for the number of licenses purchased. We can then use this to control other behavior like how many times the plan can be shared.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #332354 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs multiple subscriptions
I will try it :-)

With this configuration, will automatic recurring apply also and renew the whole number of licences ?
Can the main user add licenses in the middle of the subscription time also ?

1 year 3 months ago #332355 by krileon

With this configuration, will automatic recurring apply also and renew the whole number of licences ?

The way CBSubs Family Plans works is the shared subscriptions don't actually exist. They're pseudo subscription objects built from the original subscription. This means they always have the same state as the original subscription. So if the original subscription is renewed then so will those shared subscriptions since again they don't actually exist. If the original expires then again so will those shared subscriptions. This is all automatic so no additional configuration or changes are necessary for this to function.

Can the main user add licenses in the middle of the subscription time also ?

If you're not using auto recurring payments yes they can renew in advance and change their plans options during that renewal otherwise no not unless you offer some other means of incrementing the licenses field from another plan, but you'll need to be careful with the math on that as my example is setting the fields value not adding to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #332359 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs multiple subscriptions
I have entered the configuration for a test.
First issue that I have is that the Plan options is hidden in the html whatever display that I select.
In the css class it always shows : cbsubsPlanOptionsToggle hidden
I have set the option as required and it works fine because it outputs the html code but is simply hidden.
If you want to have a look I leave the devel website on line for a moment : devel.cercle.business/inscription (use french language)

1 year 3 months ago #332362 by krileon
Plan options are only hidden if you have "Hide Options if Plan is Not Selected" set to "Yes" (default: No) under Integrations > Options > Display. They should display once the plan is selected.

Looks like there's a conflict with the Rounded template preventing this from working correctly unless you directly click the radio option. Looking into a fix.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

1 year 3 months ago #332363 by krileon
Was able to find and fix the issue. 1 part fix in CBSubs itself and 1 part fix in CBSubs Options.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9105

Once MR is reviewed and merged will release a build with this fixed. For now I recommend not enabling toggled visibility of options.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn