Question about CB Activity 6

1 year 1 month ago #333030 by activha
Question about CB Activity 6 was created by activha
Hi Kyle,

Thinking about CB Activity 6, I'd like your thoughts about the following :

I use CB Activity to "activate" outside companies and building a page for them with our products (ex cercle.business/societe/ccld-6560 ) and this works fine so far. I have integrated several APIs to get companies data and IA analysis thanks to your great plugins and it's fine.

Now I was thinking about doing the same but for individuals. In this case we would not get private data about people but simply tag them to show them something like an info or another video.

The idea is that when they'll register to our website, they would be recognized by CB Activity 6.

I was considering using # or @ for this. For instance instead of the company name in headline, it could be @joe black or #joe black.

Do you think it's doable with CB Activity 6 ? Of course if the guy subscribes with a username as joeB or joe2023 we would have to tell him who is who.

Could I have your thoughts about this project ?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #333037 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Question about CB Activity 6
I'm not sure what you mean by recognized by CB Activity? You mean @mentions? Those are already supported. You can mention by @user_id, @username, or @name. It's best to use @user_id. This is being replaced in CB Activity 6.x though with database stored mentions (allows filtering all activity to posts you've been mentioned in cleanly and fast!) and a proper shortcode (mention:user_id), but the legacy @usage will still optionally work in CB Activity 6.x until 7.x where it will be removed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #333038 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Question about CB Activity 6

database stored mentions 

Great ! Can you tell me how these mentions will be retrieved ? Is there a sign somewhere in the front of the username/userid or is it simply a global search for all data (name, surname, last name...) concerning a user ?

That would mean that if I mention a combination of firstname lastname not yet registered, it will be displayed as a mention when this user will register to the website ?
That's what I try to achieve

1 year 1 month ago #333040 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Question about CB Activity 6
CB Activity 6.x mentions usage is shown in my blog update below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/244334-what-am-i-working-on?start=30#331572

It's the same as any social media site. Type @, start typing a username or name, and it will autocomplete for you. Click the mention and it will then insert into the post. When you save the post it will store that the user was mentioned by that activity entry in a new database table that only has activity_id | user_id.

That would mean that if I mention a combination of firstname lastname not yet registered, it will be displayed as a mention when this user will register to the website ?

For the legacy usage that will work and is currently available now, but for CB Activity 6.x mentions behavior no it will not and in CB Activity 7.x the legacy usage will be removed.

You should keep in mind that CB Activity provides a trigger for its parser. You could quite literally implement whatever parsing behavior you want for posts. The trigger is as follows.
$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'activity_onParse', array( &$this->parsed, $this->string, $this->words, $this->source, $this->stream, $ignore, $html ) );

So you could in theory make your own shortcode for doing exactly what you want it to do. All of which can be done from CB Auto Actions. Simply add whatever parsing behavior you like against var1. var2 is the original string. var3 is the string split into words. var4 is the source object (usually just the activity or comment object and can be NULL). var5 is the stream object (can be NULL). var6 is an array of parsers being set to ignore. var7 is whether HTML is allowed or not.

Example as follows.

Global
Triggers: activity_onParse
Type: Code
User: Self
Access: Everybody
Action
Method: PHP
Code:
$variablies['var1'] = str_replace( 'TESTING?', 'SUCCESS!', $variablies['var1'] );
Parameters
References: Variable 1

The above will replace TESTING? with SUCCESS! in any post. Use whatever PHP methods you like here to replace things. Most replaces built into CB Activity are using str_replace or preg_replace_callback.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

1 year 1 month ago #333047 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Question about CB Activity 6
Wonderful, that exactly what I needed !
I'll keep this post for later :-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn