CB Activity single post display

2 months 3 weeks ago #336977 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity single post display
Ok there is no custom css that I can find.
Also single posts without video do display fine. cercle.business/flow/post/6834/lionne-shop

Could you try uploading a large video on your demo website and view it in a single post ?

I can trace the issue in CB Activity css default file but cannot find where it fails

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 3 weeks ago #336978 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity single post display
CB Gallery for CB Activity is enabled on the demo site. You're welcome to give it a try there. I don't own an apple device. I've no means of really testing Safari outside of some cloud tools and I didn't see any issues in 2 snapshots from local tests so I'm not sure where it's coming from.

The only CSS really being applied to the video container is the aspect ratio. Below is the CSS being applied.
.cb_template .streamMediaEmbed, .cb_template .streamMediaVideo {
    aspect-ratio: 16/9;
    font-size: 0;
}

You can try toggling off the aspect-ratio style in your browsers developer tools to see if that resolves it. It should be working fine though as has been supported since Safari 15 since 2021.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #336979 by krileon
Ran additional tests through playwright and still not seeing any issues. So I'm at a loss as to what is causing this for you. I don't see the issue on your site either using playwright. What version of Safari are you using? Our support policy is basically "latest 2" so latest 2 major releases of any major browser.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 3 weeks ago #336980 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity single post display
Am on Safari 17.2.1 also tested on Safari preview

Was able to find the issue which is the aspect ratio line 517 of the CB Activity template

aspect-ratio: 16/9;
    font-size:0
}

I tried to override the setting in my css but seems not to be applied by Safari :-(
The only solution is to change aspect-ratio: auto in the CB activity css default template

2 months 3 weeks ago #336981 by krileon
aspect-ratio should be working perfectly fine on Safari 17. It seams to work fine in my emulation and cloud snapshot tests. Is it also not working for you on our demo site? You have to keep in mind it's very easy for some styling rules to fight one another unexpectedly so using our demo site as a clean environment is an easy way to confirm it's coming from our CSS directly.

It looks like you've a custom CB template generated. Please try switching to default CB template and see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 months 3 weeks ago #336982 by krileon
Wonder if it's an object-fit problem. I've no idea what the default is for Safari in that regard. You can try adding 1 of the following.
    object-fit: contain;
}
    object-fit: cover;
}
    object-fit: fill;
}

I haven't tested which would work best here, but that might fix it for Safari. Trying to find possible bug reports about aspect-ratio for Safari as well to see what could be going wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn