Skip to Content Skip to Menu

šŸ– Summer has arrived! Start your summer right with our summer sale!Get 30% off Now!

Missing Baskets of processed PayPal payments

• bizguy
  • bizguy
3 months 3 weeks ago #337701 by bizguy
A client sent me a PDF of a paid PayPal invoice.
  • There is no record of the transaction in CBSubs
  • TheĀ basket id 278 is missing in the cbsubs_payment_basketsĀ database, as the ids are ... 276, 279 ...Ā 
  • Similarly the invoice number identified on the PayPal receipt is missing in the CBSubs database
  • There is no record in the cbsubs_subscriptionsĀ database
  • I looked through theĀ cbsubs_history database and found the transaction, which shows it timed out and I guess the system deleted the record/information
If this is the case, this is a major problem. The member has paid for their membership, and has a paid PayPal receipt, yet there is no record of it on the website.
Please advise.Ā Ā 
Ed

Ā 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 months 3 weeks ago #337703 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Missing Baskets of processed PayPal payments
They took so long paying at PayPal that it timed out. In this case I would first verify you received the payment in your PayPal account and if you did grant them a subscription from backend. Next within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Baskets under "Payment basket timeouts" increase your timeouts. The defaults are as follows.

Hours for payment basket to timeout in front-end: 3
Hours for payment basket to timeout in administration: 24
Hours for pending payment basket to timeout: 96

Only way I can see this happening is they were sent to PayPal and just wondered off the tab to a different browser tab or left their computer for 3+ hours then came back and paid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bizguy
  • bizguy
1 week 2 days ago #338580 by bizguy
Another incident of this issue.
Apparently the hosting company is having issues with resource management, which I suspect is causing the lost connection with PayPal, hence no verification of payment, however my issue is with what happened to the client:
  • They hadĀ a free account - status: Active
  • They upgraded to a paid account - Error lost connection with PayPal (although the payment completed)
  • Free account - status: Expired
  • Paid account - no records
I looked at the CBSubs history file and found the basket ID for the transaction, however when I look at the baskets file, that ID doesn't exist. In fact the 2-preceding ID also do not exist. The basket ID are 391, then 395. According to the history file, 394 was the one that related to this transaction. I could manually edit it with the confirmation from the client supplied PayPal transaction info, but the fact the record does not exist complicates things. There isn't anything that relates to the upgrade at all.

Please advise.

Ed

• krileon
  • krileon
1 week 2 days ago #338582 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Missing Baskets of processed PayPal payments
The basket doesn't exist because it either expired (expiration time is configured in CBSubs > Settings > Display > Baskets) or the user themselves cancelled it when they want back to it after PayPal communication error. I would edit the user in CB > User Management then just manually grant them the subscription. You can then edit its details in CBSubs > Subscriptions by clicking the number in the ID column if you need to adjust the subscription dates.

If the payment went through then the IPN should've at least activated the subscription. Is PayPal reaching your site safely? Be sure you've a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page or Joomla menu access permissions could block the notifications.

You may want to consider switching hosts if you're having this many communication issues. Worth noting we offer hosting as well that is built for Joomla and CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bizguy

Moderators: beatnantkrileon