E-mail notification / notice / advise

12 years 11 months ago #164726 by lucio@luciodattaro.eu
Replied by lucio@luciodattaro.eu on topic Re: E-mail notification / notice / advise
Hello,
here's attached the file with the settings (do I have understood what you meant?).
Best regards,
Lucio
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #164744 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: E-mail notification / notice / advise
You've configured CB Emails to send an email after a Administrator or Super Administrator updates their profile. If you want it to send after registration then you need to configure the trigger to use After Registration then set access to Everybody. Once done configure the email as necessary. This would send an email to whoever you like however you like after a user registers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lucio@luciodattaro.eu

12 years 11 months ago #164861 by lucio@luciodattaro.eu
Replied by lucio@luciodattaro.eu on topic Re: E-mail notification / notice / advise
OK I've done, thanks!
I would like that the e-mail I get "onAfterUserUpdate" reports what fields have been chenged by the member; for example:

field firstname from Bob to Robert
field lastname from Smit to Smith
is this possible?

12 years 11 months ago #164893 by krileon

is this possible?

No, it substitutes fields in at the time of triggering; meaning it would send you the current value of the field after profile has saved and you would not have the previous value. Only way to do this is to send 2 emails. 1 BEFORE and 1 AFTER, but this could get extremely "spammy".

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lucio@luciodattaro.eu

12 years 11 months ago #164896 by lucio@luciodattaro.eu
it could be interesting even if it's spammy, how can I do this?

12 years 11 months ago #164914 by krileon
Add a second trigger to your email for Before Profile Update. Your trigger input should appear as follows.

onBeforeUserUpdate,onAfterUserUpdate

This would send an email before their profile was updated then after their profile was updated. You will need 2 separate emails using only 1 of the above triggers each if you want the two emails to be formatted differently.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn