CB Subs and Joomla LMS

12 years 11 months ago #166897 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Subs and Joomla LMS

The LMS only allows access to the course content on enrolment. Users can view the summary page but not access the course itself without enrolling.

The problem with URL protection is that it looks to me like it will stop users who do not wish to take out a group subscription but rather purchase an individual course. This would be done via the LMS cart (or VirtueMart). Once enrolled the user would be directed to the course URL which CB Subs would then block.

Ah, I see; thank you for clarification.

I plan to implement your recommendation above i.e. create a CB field with a value for each plan (e.g. 1,2,3) then use CB Query on login to check that the member of the respective plan is enrolled (see what course are in the subscription, check if the member is enrolled and if not enrol the member). This field can then be automatically reset by CB Subs on expiration. When a new course is added this will be added to the query.

Hopefully I have understood this correctly.

Yes, you understood perfectly. Although if you want the field to support multiple values you may need to update it with SQL Actions so you can do a more complex query to remove a single value, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #166912 by agouldtdc
Replied by agouldtdc on topic Re: CB Subs and Joomla LMS

Yes, you understood perfectly. Although if you want the field to support multiple values you may need to update it with SQL Actions so you can do a more complex query to remove a single value, etc..

I will liaise with the LMS developers regarding the appropriate queries. Undoubtedly there will be some wrinkles but it looks like a solution. I will report back!

Thanks for the help.

12 years 10 months ago #168009 by agouldtdc
Is the link to the incubator not working? I am trying to download and install CB Queries but the links on the incubator page (to forge.joomlapolis.com) do not work. I have tried using FF and IE just in case it's my browser.

Please advise.

12 years 10 months ago #168062 by krileon
The links appear to be working fine, please try the below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb-cbqueries?jump=welcome

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #168127 by agouldtdc
Great - working now.

Hopefully will get CB Subs working with the LMS now!

12 years 10 months ago #168150 by krileon
As do I, please let us know how it goes! :)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn