com_comprofiler.zip --> REFUSING TO INSTALL

12 years 9 months ago #169844 by Fuquan
Maybe this might be useful as I just tried to use the 1.3 plugin management to see if that would work but get this error: Which is similar to the error got when installing normally via joomla 1.6 extensions:

"CB XML setup file in the package"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #169845 by Fuquan
ERROR: Could not find a CB XML setup file in the package.

12 years 9 months ago #169852 by nant
Please PM me backend superadmin access and I will take a look.

12 years 9 months ago #169879 by Fuquan
Dear Nick,

Thanks for the updates anyway but I think I have somehow resolved It as the system started working after a system reboot. I am not sure why but it seems after you change the Max Upload settings etc although it shows in the php ini file it may be prudent that people reboot their server. I turned the machine off for another reason and later down the line when I tried using a new install of Joomla on another Domain name it worked so I went back to the other installs and then tried installing CB again and this time it worked flawlessly. On deep thought the only variable that had been introduced between the non-install period and the now able-to-install period was the system reboot:

Probably some cache timeout thing (I do not think the caching has to do with Joomla as mine is set to 15 minutes only and this whole scenario lasted two days) within the WAMP setup or something.

Anyway, it is working now and can put that as a lessoned learned.

Thanks and do have a pleasant day:
Peter

12 years 9 months ago #169880 by nant
Great - glad you are back on track now.

Other errors you posted have to do with trying to install a Joomla package using CB Plugin Manager instead of Joomla Installer.

12 years 9 months ago #169881 by Fuquan
Thanks anyway: By the way the "error" messages you saw really had nothing to do with a Joomla install they were what came up when I used either the normal package install and the CB plugin management utility to retry installations of CB and see what happens there. Error messages that seem to pop up sometimes explain very little unfortunately as I guess the programmers cannot predict all possible code Behavior.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Peace
Peter

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn