[SOLVED] Displaying CB Content module on all pages

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #171217 by mark102
Hi,
I use this code on my cb content module and it's working perfectly only on profile, lists and others cb plugin. I'd like to see this content also on all website's links.
[cb:usertab tab="17" user="#displayedOrMe" /]

Does CB content module working only on community builder links? Isn't there any solution to make it functional on all website's links ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #171220 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Displaying CB Content module on all pages
You can display the CBcontent Module as any other joomla module... in any context. I assume that is what you meant by "on all website links".
What is not working for you?

12 years 9 months ago #171221 by mark102
Replied by mark102 on topic Re: Displaying CB Content module on all pages
Example, when I click on article link or another component menu link it isn't shows its icons and the CSS appear changed than when I click on cb profile menu link or other community builder menu link (icons and css showing correctly).

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #171225 by pepperstreet
Aah, I know what you mean! Experienced the same issue yesterday... Thats why NO CB template CSS file is loaded "outside" the CB context. Makes sense. But its a bit annoying.

CB default template CSS is here:
/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/template.css
You will find the CBmenu related lines down at the bottom of that file.

You might solve this, if you just add all the required CB menu CSS lines to your site CSS file. In general:
/templates/YOUR_JOOMLA_TEMPLATE/css/template.css
Remember, to copy the image(s) in to your template css folder, or you have to adjust the pathes.
/templates/YOUR_JOOMLA_TEMPLATE/css/images/mini-icons/cbicons.png

Alternative:
The latest CB Content Module offers also new parameters in the backend. Those might be useful too. You will find a CSS textarea in backend...

12 years 9 months ago #171353 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Displaying CB Content module on all pages
Only JP released templates and CB core template files contain the CSS to style the module. To keep the module light it only loads the very basic APIs, which excludes template. To have the same styling across your entire site you'll need to do as pepperstreet suggested and copy the styles from CBs template to your Joomla template. Alternatively any JP released template will style across the site properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #171457 by pepperstreet
By the way, I just did a quick look into... mini-icons/cbicons.png
The background colors are not optimal for use in other templates than "baby-blue" ;-)
Nothing against the CSS-sprite technique, but why has this file such an extreme height? Its soooooooooooooooo long, and there are big gaps between the normal and hover states?! Why is this?
For customization a real pain.

Are you going to use the same file and technique for future Joomlapolis templates?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn