CB and Joomfish

12 years 8 months ago #172521 by yayadk
CB and Joomfish was created by yayadk
hi guys.
Before i will start i need to say that i have been trying to find an answer all over the forum and internet but i could not find something that can help.

I am using the latest CB on a joomla 1.5
i have created all kinda tabs and custom fileds including some dropdown menus.
Now the site needs to be translated into other languages.
I can't find a clear way that will tell me how do i do that... how do you make joomfish tranlate thate component, tabs and the fields?

I have seen all kinda xml files that needs to be added and i have tried them as well but error messages coming.
Please, can someone tell me what to do exactly?

I appriciate it a lot

Tnx in advance
/Yair

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #172525 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB and Joomfish
Best way is to use langauge strings.

Example:

Instead of populating tab or field name with "Field A", populate it with _UE_FIELDA

and edit your language files to add:

DEFINE(_UE_FIELDA,'Field A');

12 years 8 months ago #172535 by yayadk
Replied by yayadk on topic Re: CB and Joomfish
Hi Nant
tnx for the answer.
I got the point with language files but what about a the valuse that are in the dropdown field.. bhow do you do them?

12 years 8 months ago #172536 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB and Joomfish
You can use _UE_ strings there also.

12 years 8 months ago #172581 by yayadk
Replied by yayadk on topic Re: CB and Joomfish
ok got that.
Where do i put the language files?
Right now i can only see components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language
Is this the right one? how do i make it is danish, hebrew...?

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #172592 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB and Joomfish

Is this the right one?

Yes, if you intended to display in only a single language, default plugin is for English. Please keep in mind your changes will be lost on upgrade of CB. It's best to supply your own language plugin.

how do i make it is danish, hebrew...?

You can download pre-completed translations below or use the WIKI and Documentation pages to help in creating your own language plugin.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb?jump=welcome

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds