CB and Joomfish

12 years 7 months ago #175545 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB and Joomfish
You added a language definition instead of string. So you'll need to edit your main language files and add the below.
define( '_UE_MyExpertiesAccountant', 'My translation here' );

Please review the many other language plugins or existing language definitions and strings for examples.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #175746 by yayadk
Replied by yayadk on topic Re: CB and Joomfish
ok.. here is what i did and the results:
i created a multi select fields and added about 10 strings like _UE_MyExpertiesAccountant
Went to the language files and made this:DEFINE('_UE_MyExpertiesAccountant','Accountant');
The results: some of the string translate and get valuse some do not and show the string.

Why is that?
Your can see it your self... the boxs that is called "my Expertise"
byttehandler.dk.web11.redhost.dk/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&Itemid=416&lang=en

Please advice

Tnx in advance
/Yair

12 years 7 months ago #175752 by krileon
Some working and some not means there's an error with your definition or with the implementation. For example a single space after the string inside your define could result in it not translating.

Works:
DEFINE( '_UE_MyExpertiesAccountant', 'Accountant' );

Doesn't:
DEFINE( '_UE_MyExpertiesAccountant ', 'Accountant' );

Please review your language strings and their defines.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #175792 by yayadk
i did. i dont have any spaces or alike.
Thios is what i hav in my language file:
DEFINE('_UE_MyExpertiesAccountant','Accountant');
DEFINE('_UE_MyExpertiesActoractress','Actoractress');
DEFINE('_UE_MyExpertiesAdministrator','Administrator');
DEFINE('_UE_MyExpertiesAerospaceTngineer','AerospaceTngineer');
DEFINE('_UE_MyExpertiesAirTrafficController','AirTrafficController');
DEFINE('_UE_MyExpertiesAmbassador','Ambassador');
DEFINE('_UE_MyExpertiesAnesthetist','Anesthetist');
DEFINE('_UE_MyExpertiesAnchorman','Anchorman');
DEFINE('_UE_MyExpertiesAnimator','Animator');
DEFINE('_UE_MyExpertiesAnimalTrainer','AnimalTrainer');
DEFINE('_UE_MyExpertiesArchaeologist','Archaeologist');
DEFINE('_UE_MyExpertiesArchitect','Architect');
DEFINE('_UE_MyExpertiesArtDealer','ArtDealer');
DEFINE('_UE_MyExpertiesArtist','Artist');

12 years 7 months ago #175940 by yayadk
krileon
Did you had the chance to look at my strings?
I am about ot go live and need this.
I can send you all the data involved if you need it.
Otherwise you can see it on the site
Tnx for your help
/Yair

12 years 7 months ago #175982 by krileon
Based off your drop-downs input values your defines should be as follows.
DEFINE( '_UE_MyExpertiesAccountant', 'Accountant' );
DEFINE( '_UE_MyExpertiesAerospaceTngineer', 'AerospaceTngineer' );
DEFINE( '_UE_MyExpertiesAirTrafficController', 'AirTrafficController' );
DEFINE( '_UE_MyExpertiesAdministrator', 'Administrator' );
DEFINE( '_UE_MyExpertiesAmbassador', 'Ambassador' );
DEFINE( '_UE_MyExpertiesAnesthetist', 'Anesthetist' );
DEFINE( '_UE_MyExpertiseAnchorman', 'Anchorman' );
DEFINE( '_UE_MyExpertiesAnimator', 'Animator' );
DEFINE( '_UE_MyExpertiesAnimalTrainer', 'AnimalTrainer' );
DEFINE( '_UE_MyExpertiseArchaeologist', 'Archaeologist' );
DEFINE( '_UE_MyExpertiseArchitect', 'Architect' );
DEFINE( '_UE_MyExpertiseArtDealer', 'ArtDealer' );
DEFINE( '_UE_MyExpertiseArtist', 'Artist' );
DEFINE( '_UE_MyExpertiseAstronaut', 'Astronaut' );

Again, there's no reason for some to work and others to not unless you've an error in your language file or something of the sort. This could be an unescaped quote or missing closing tag, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds