How to bulk change users from Enabled to Disabled

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #173374 by D1on
Is there a way to bulk change lots (thousands) of users status from Enabled to Disabled?

We are trying to get around the limitation of the CBSubs Import facility that only allows you to bulk import/assign users from and existing CBSubs plan or import/assign all users from an ACL Group.

We have thousands of users imported via CBJuce that we would like to assign to a CBSubs Plan as expired users, as it looks like the CBSubs "Expiration and restricted access redirects" does not work for users without a CBSubs subscription.

Being able to bulk change a user status (temporarily) would allow us to then use the CBSubs Import all user from an ACL Group and then bulk change all these users as Registered would solve this issue.

Please let me know if there is any other way to do this issue.

Thank you.

Dion.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #173440 by krileon
There's no bulk enable or disable feature. Why do they need to be disabled for you to perform a CBSubs Import? You should be able to use the import feature regardless. Another option is to re-import your users with CB Juice, but do so as disabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173661 by D1on
I didn't realise CBJuce could be used to do the bulk user status changes so easily, by re-importing your user list and selecting Edit for the CBJuce import.

All you have to do is change the block column from 0 to 1 before import using CBJuce to bulk change the users status from Enabled to Disabled. You can also do this for the approved column as well. I was not using these columns previously as I was quickly deleting them and other columns in the CSV file I thought were not required as I was working with many other custom CB fields.

With CBJuce you can also bulk change the usertype (ACL Group) from e.g. Registered to another ACL Group, this then allows you to use the CBSubs import "All User from an ACL Group" that can be a different ACL Group to your previously assigned CBSubs users, so you don't change all your previously assigned CBSubs users who are in the Registered ACL Group.

Once you have finished importing/assigning your bulk users to the other CBSubs plan (by using the import All user from an ACL Group other that the Registered ACL Group, you then use CBJuce again to re-import and change these users ACL Group to Registered.

It would be better if the CBSubs Import had more import options, e.g. importing selectable users or selected users based on a registered date or date range.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173685 by krileon

importing selectable users or selected users based on a registered date or date range.

Given you can import from File you can structure your imports anyway you'd like. For example you could perform a database query to output a comma separate listed of users IDs then specify that as a basic import file. :)

Example of how to output comma separated query results using GROUP_CONCAT.
SELECT GROUP_CONCAT( `id` ) AS 'ids'
FROM `jos_users`
WHERE `usertype` = 'Registered'

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173738 by D1on
Doing database queries is too complex for clients, just so they can import/assign selected users to a CBSubs plan.

The CBSubs Import needs to have more selectable import options to allow admin clients to be able to easily assign any type of selectable users (or individual users) from the CB or CBSubs admin area, not just "All users from a given CMS ACL Group" or an existing CBSubs plan or a text file as are the only options now.

Currently there is no option to even assign a single user to a CBSubs plan (from with the CBSubs admin area), unless you use the text file import or assign a user to an ACL Group temporarily that is not being used by any other users, then import that user or users by using the import "All users from a given CMS ACL Group", just to assign them to a CBSubs plan.

If there was an option to only show CBSubs Plan upgrade options in users profile for Admin users only, this would at least make it easier for admins to assign a CBSubs plan for individual users without having to show the upgrade options to the users on their profiles.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173753 by nant

D1on wrote: Doing database queries is too complex for clients, just so they can import/assign selected users to a CBSubs plan.

The CBSubs Import needs to have more selectable import options to allow admin clients to be able to easily assign any type of selectable users (or individual users) from the CB or CBSubs admin area, not just "All users from a given CMS ACL Group" or an existing CBSubs plan or a text file as are the only options now.

Currently there is no option to even assign a single user to a CBSubs plan (from with the CBSubs admin area), unless you use the text file import or assign a user to an ACL Group temporarily that is not being used by any other users, then import that user or users by using the import "All users from a given CMS ACL Group", just to assign them to a CBSubs plan.

If there was an option to only show CBSubs Plan upgrade options in users profile for Admin users only, this would at least make it easier for admins to assign a CBSubs plan for individual users without having to show the upgrade options to the users on their profiles.

Can you please tell me (again) why the CBSubs import file mechanism cannot be used?
Assigning subscriptions to members is really meant to be a one-time initialization event after which regular CBSubs processes take over.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn