[SOLVED] Upgrades not calculating properly

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173545 by LindaGLS
Hi. I can't seem to get upgrades to calculate properly with the settings I've tried.

Here is what should happen:

Plan A - $5.00 per week
Plan B - $7.00 per week

User subscribes to Plan A on 8/18/11 with expiration date of 8/24/11
User upgrades to Plan B on 8/19/11 and expiration date should remain 8/24/11.

Upgrade should charge the difference of the 2 plans ($2.00) and the expiration date should remain the same.

Here is what is happening:

Upgrade checkout is charging the full plan price of Plan B ($7.00). And I believe the expiration date is also changing to a week later from the date the upgrade takes place.

We are using mandatory Auto-renew and ARB with Authorize.net. Prorate upgrade is turned off because we are not prorating by days used. It's a flat rate per week.

Plans are set up as Exclusive, other plans of same parent cannot be subscribed same time, but one subscription is mandatory. All plans are set up at parent plans.

Thanks,
Linda

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #173558 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Upgrades not calculating properly
The user is only charged the difference if you've prorating enabled for your plans (see Pricing tab while editing your plans) and you'll see the new price before even clicking the upgrade button if configured correctly. The expiration date of the plan is NOT kept. If both plans are durations of 1 week then when the user subscribes to Plan B their expiration is 1 week from the date they subscribed to Plan B, not Plan A.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #173568 by LindaGLS
Replied by LindaGLS on topic Re: Upgrades not calculating properly
I can deal with the expiration date, but when prorate is checked off, it's prorating by day rather than the full price of the plan. I need the upgrade to only charge the difference between the full price of the 2 plans, not by a prorated price per day of the initial plan.

If this isn't possible, I have a big problem.

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 8 months ago #173583 by LindaGLS
Really desperate for an answer here... Is there any way to make the system calculate based on a fixed amount per subscription rather than by the number of days into the subscription? Our subscriptions are for a flat week rate which cannot prorate. Upgrades just need to calculate between the difference of the total rate.

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 8 months ago #173587 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Upgrades not calculating properly

LindaGLS wrote: Really desperate for an answer here... Is there any way to make the system calculate based on a fixed amount per subscription rather than by the number of days into the subscription? Our subscriptions are for a flat week rate which cannot prorate. Upgrades just need to calculate between the difference of the total rate.

If you turn prorating off, then upgrading from plan A to Plan B will basically happen if user pays full plan B price and then plan B subscription starts on upgrade date and ends when plan B duration ends.

If you turn on prorating same thing happens but the system calculates the residual value left in plan A subscription and subtracts it from plan B price.

Thats how things are currently designed to work.

What you can do is turn off prorating and create a general promotion (no coupon code needed) that will automatically subtract the plan A paid amount from plan B amount if user is active in plan A.

12 years 8 months ago #173590 by LindaGLS
Ahhh! That is an interesting solution and I think it just might work! Here's the monkey wrench... We actually offer 9 plans, although there are only 3 different prices...

I suppose I could change them to 3 plans using child plans for the options. Each plan with the same price has 3 options. Rather than using children I created 9 parent plans, but I guess I should rethink that...

Any additional suggestion in how to calculate the way you described between 3 plans rather than only 2 would be of great help.

Thanks,
Linda

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn