[SOLVED] Upgrades not calculating properly

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173631 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Upgrades not calculating properly
Promotions can have conditions. So you could create an upgrade promotion specific to a active plan. For example if it requires Plan A to be active then it would have no affect if user was upgrading from Plan B to Plan C for example. So you could for example create a promotion for each upgrade path (there's no limit on how many promotions you have). You can also set the promotions to be automatically applied and your users won't have to input anything; it'll simply auto deduct at invoice. However, this would be behaving basically the same as Prorating does (user gets their investment into Plan A transferred to Plan B ).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173643 by LindaGLS
Replied by LindaGLS on topic Re: Upgrades not calculating properly
Yes, I have now installed the promotions plugin and things are coming together. I guess the only issue I will have at this point is if someone downgrades to a lower priced plan.

Do I just provide a 100% discount and then we manually monitor it to know if we need to issue a refund via Authorize.net? And if so, how do we match that up with CBSubs so if a client looks as past invoices they see they received a refund? Or can I enter a negative amount?

One more question - I had a parent set up which charged the price, and then 3 children for the style selection. When testing this method (instead of all parents) I had unsubscribed to the parent but it left the child subscription there. Is there a setting that makes the child automatically unsubscribe if the parent is unsubscribed?

I'm asking on this thread because if I can use parent with children I won't have to create near as many set promotions...

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 8 months ago #173659 by krileon

Do I just provide a 100% discount and then we manually monitor it to know if we need to issue a refund via Authorize.net? And if so, how do we match that up with CBSubs so if a client looks as past invoices they see they received a refund? Or can I enter a negative amount?

Hmm, CBSubs can't do refunds; you'd have to do them manually. I think in these cases you shouldn't bother with a refund if they downgrade to a less expensive plan, but simply give them that plan for free. It's typically not in a users best interest to be doing things like that, but be sure to inform them of the loss. At any rate if you'd still like to issue refunds you'd need to do so from Authorize.net directly.

One more question - I had a parent set up which charged the price, and then 3 children for the style selection. When testing this method (instead of all parents) I had unsubscribed to the parent but it left the child subscription there. Is there a setting that makes the child automatically unsubscribe if the parent is unsubscribed?

Child plans won't unsubscribe if a parent plan expires, but they'll wait for the parent plan to be renewed. In other words they'll be able to SEE their subscription, but it won't do anything until the parent is renewed. Child plans have to be unsubscribed manually just as the parent was. It does this because the parent could have a different duration then the children for example.

If the parent expired then expired the children automatically but the children still had a years worth of duration the user would be "short changed" and not get what they paid for. We've plans for future release to allow child to maintain same durations as parent and formulate a more "set in stone" relationship so something like unsubscribing parent could/would unsubscribe child. That's not available now however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173663 by LindaGLS
Very good. And thanks for the quick response.

One last question and then I think I'm good to go...

Is it possible to make a CB user field only required if someone has a subscription? My thought is that I make the style a user field to select options from instead of making style a child category, and then users without subscription would not see that field at all, nor would it be required for them.

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 8 months ago #173686 by krileon

Is it possible to make a CB user field only required if someone has a subscription?

Absolutely, you can hide it entirely based off subscription using the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration you can then edit your tabs or fields and select what plans the profile owner or profile viewer need to access the tab or field.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: edjec

12 years 8 months ago #173693 by LindaGLS
Just wanted to let you know this solution has worked for me. Thanks for your help.

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn