[SOLVED] How to change the names of profile positions

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173577 by joebso
I am looking to change the names of the profile positions but only in my new profile layout. Which files would I go about altering to accomplish this.

thanks for any help out there :woohoo:

p.s.
the positions are currently called:
head
left middle right
tabmain
underall
etc etc etc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #173592 by joebso
Adding a new position would be fine as well : )

12 years 8 months ago #173632 by krileon
As far as I am aware you can't change the names or add new ones as the calling of the fields in those positions is based off name, which is hardcoded. You can move them around by altering the CB default templates PHP file as found below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/default.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173656 by nant

12 years 8 months ago #173657 by joebso
we are creating business profiles and want to be able to have ifinate customizations. THe customization i needed was to have a different module show up for each. currently we can call a module into anyone of those positions using modules anywhere and block out the other positions using css giving us about 90 options.

i.e.
block out all but header
block out all but left and so on

but we wanted to have more options but well have to do it this way. I appreciate all of your guys help : )

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173664 by joebso
I would love to be able to just put a little chunk of html in the default.php but where ever I put it it either breaks the site or doesn't show up. is there a place in the default.php where I can put some html? Please be specific because ... well I'm an idiot : )

this one ---> com_profiler/plugins/templates/default/default.php

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn