[SOLVED] How to change the names of profile positions

12 years 8 months ago #173960 by krileon

<filename plugin="dark">calendar.css</filename>

This should be the following.

<filename plugin="test">calendar.css</filename>

Then I try to copy this in to the default.php around under one of the
“here typically if you prefer to include a view-type php-html file you would include it”

You need to rename default.php to test.php. Once done zip your template and install it through CB Plugin Management. Now select it as your template within CB > Configuration > User Profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #174140 by nicophp
Tried all the steps, rename included but still a blank profile page.
Anything to change in the xml file?

12 years 8 months ago #174190 by krileon
You need to duplicate the default template, edit it so it has a new name, install it and you'll have a second copy of the default template. Then replace its CSS with any of the other templates CSS files to give it the display you're wanting, but with a profile layout. Appears copy and paste won't tell CB that it exists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #174249 by nicophp
Still a blank page. Here are the steps I followed:

Copy the 'default' template directory

Rename it eg. 'defaultse'

In the xml file change:

<name>Default</name> to <name>Default SE</name>
<description>Default Template for Community Builder</description> to <description>Default Template for SinglesEnergyr</description>
<filename plugin="default">default.php</filename> to <filenameplugin="defaultse">defaultse.php</filename>

Rename the xml file with your new template name: eg. 'defaultse.xml'

Rename default.php to defaultse.php

Zip the whole directory, install it via CB > plugin management and Publish it

As an option, I also tried to change the modif in the xml to
<filename plugin="defaultse">default.php</filename> and Not to rename default.php to defaultse.php but still a blank page

12 years 8 months ago #174251 by krileon
The PHP file has classes that need renamed as well. Attached is an installable copy of the Default template happily named default2; please review closely.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174262 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: How to change the names of profile positions
@nicophp
Are you working with MacOS ? Reminds me on my experiences and very strange zip and install problems ;-) The solution: krileon send me a pre-made and re-named copy.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn