Tax missing with promotions discount

12 years 8 months ago #174209 by LindaGLS
Replied by LindaGLS on topic Re: Tax missing with promotions discount
Hi Beat.

Thanks for looking into this. The answer is no, I have not deleted anything directly from the database, but have deleted plans that were no longer being used, but that was done from within CBSubs, not by going into the database itself. And yes, the site is live with subscribers.

We do have our final plans operating now (3 of them) and I have just created the 2 fixed promotions needed for upgrading. If you login to the front end with the credentials I provided, you will see that account has an active Small Farm Box subscription. If you select upgrade to Medium Farm Box the discount is showing but the tax is not.

I'm not sure that I follow as to why an old subscription that is not part of the promotion or being a subscribed plan would effect tax at all on plans and promotions that exist now. I'm sure my client is not opposed to paying for help, but I need to be able to explain to them why the subscriptions currently active and tied to the current fixed promotions would be effected by old plans.

Thanks,
Linda

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #174234 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Tax missing with promotions discount
The thing is that there is a check in cbsubs (and i verified the code and we re-tested it) that makes it impossible to delete plans with subscriptions in cbsubs since the first release, so i'm still wondering how that plan disapeared.

So I'm really stumped how you could delete the plan. By which exact steps did you delete it ? . Backup your database, and try it with another plan having subscriptions. It won't let you do it, and an explicit error message appears as quoted in my previous post.

The question here is not if those two issues are related, but that I don't trust the database state to be consistant here. And other database inconsistencies can explain that your settings don't work on your site, while they work fine on other sites and in our tests.

So the first step before troubleshooting further is to check the database consistency. CB Tools -> check CB plugins Database does fully check for database structure consistency, but not for data content consistency.

And that's the first work that would need to be performed manually, because if plan is missing while it should not be able to be missing, then other things could be missing too. I'm not going to spend time troubleshooting settings of install as long as i have not gone through database data consistency after that plan missing incident, unless we can reproduce that it can be deleted by a method that i'm not aware of.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 8 months ago #174238 by LindaGLS
Okay, I understand. Here is how I deleted them... they were test subscriptions and inside CBsubs I deleted the transaction, and then deleted the plan.

Currently we have registered users and not individuals on subscriptions, if you are 100% positive it's the database, I will go ahead and remove and reinstall, and then we can re-enter the registered users and send them new passwords.

Thanks,
Linda

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 8 months ago #174240 by beat
i'm never 100% positive until the culprit is found and has admitted its bug. :D

But I'm not going to spend 4-5 hours for free (and off development tasks) checking everything and troubleshooting if there is a consistency doubt, or another possibly associated bug:

Thus, before anything else:

How exactly did you delete the plan ? which very exact steps ?
Are you able to reproduce using those steps to delete a plan with subscriptions in place ?
We need to be able to reproduce.

To answer your question:

Free users of CB will be kept if you uninstall + delete cbsubs tables, but memberships, and all payment records, and settings will be gone.

But please do that only after having reproduced and listed one by one ("click exactly here") the steps to delete a plan with existing subscriptions...

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 8 months ago #174256 by LindaGLS
Gotcha and I understand completely.

From what I recall, I went into payments, deleted that specific payment, and then deleted the plan... or I could have deleted the user first. It was when I was still learning CB & CBSubs (typical time for such foobars) so it's been some time ago.

I'm going to duplicate the current site and roll it out on test server space to uninstall and reinstall CBSubs, and will make certain the DB tables are eliminated as well. We've only partically launched so there's not that many registered users yet even, but should be come tomorrow. So figured I work through this tonight, test everything thing and then roll out the revised site with fresh CBSubs. Now that I understand both components better there's certainly less likelihood of errors. I hope at least! And to confirm, you are saying I only need to remove and reinstall CBSubs, not CB as well.

Once I duplicate the site to test space, I will try and recreate what I did to remove the subscription and shoot you a follow up - before I wide out CB completely.

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 8 months ago #174277 by beat
Thank you for the description and detailed steps sent by PM.

Uninstalling CBSubs and all tables starting with jos_cbsubs_ in the database, then doing a fresh install will bring you back to a clean install state.

I don't think you need to reinstall CB for this promo+tax issue you have.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn