Tax missing with promotions discount

12 years 8 months ago #173945 by LindaGLS
Replied by LindaGLS on topic Re: Tax missing with promotions discount
Any news on the problem of promotions plugin not calculating tax?

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #173951 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Tax missing with promotions discount
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LindaGLS

12 years 8 months ago #173952 by LindaGLS
Thank you!

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173995 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Tax missing with promotions discount
I've reviewed your install and there appears to be a problem with the totalizers. Whether Tax or Promotion is 3rd in the calculation doesn't matter as the 3rd always fails.

For example 10 is Sub-Total 1, 20 is Promotions, and 40 is Tax. Tax always results in "$0.00". The same can be said if Tax and Promotions are swapped for Promotions. Sub-Total doesn't seam to really matter though. It only applies to Promotions or Tax, whichever is rendered first in tantalizer works.

I've informed Beat of the findings so he can investigate further later in the day. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #174003 by LindaGLS
Thanks for checking it out. I will let my client know to expect some type of reply (good or bad) by the end of the day.

Thanks again,
Linda

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 8 months ago #174198 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Tax missing with promotions discount
Hi LindaGLS,

I have been called into troubleshooting this case that looked like a bug at first glance, but that neither Kyle, nor me could reproduce locally (in fact on Joomlapolis we do use Promotions+Taxes, and they both work fine combined).

My first step was to got at history and logs and check for errors.

I found many errors like this one:
loadSomething::plan id: 10 is missing in database for subscription id: 36

This means that you have subscriptions using Plan number 10, but that plan got deleted.

Now it is impossible to delete a plan with existing subscriptions through the CBSubs admin area. There is a specific check to make such database inconsistencies impossible. We also tested again this check that exists since CBSubs 1.0 and before, and you get an error message like:

Cannot delete row id 10 because: Subscriptions exist for this plan

This means with a 99.99% probability that the plan got deleted in the database directly using phpMyAdmin or another tool.

Now i'm not saying that this is the cause of your issue, but my big question is "What else has been modified directly in the database ?"

It is our policy to help as much as possible our customers for free, but when we are in presence of modified files or database structures or entries, we are sorry that we cannot do the integrity checking and fixing for free.

This will require probably 1-2 hours of trouble-shooting and fixing at our consulting rates published in Services tab on our main Support page . If you wish us to go forward, please follow the link and purchase 1 hour to start.

Your other possibility, IF the site is not live yet, and there are no active customer subscriptions and payments, would be to uninstall CBSubs, then delete in the database all tables starting with jos_cbsubs_ and re-install CBSubs and re-configure a clean installation (supposing that CB hasn't been changed). But if there are subscriptions, DO not do that.

Btw, It would have helped a lot in providing you better and faster service, that if you did changes in the database directly or in files (or had a major database server crash if no changes have been made) to tell that in the support thread, as it would have saved our support team several hours of frustrating work trying to troubleshoot something that works fine (on a non-modified installation).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn