Tax missing with promotions discount

12 years 8 months ago #173682 by LindaGLS
Tax missing with promotions discount was created by LindaGLS
I am using promotions to discount upgrades as a fixed rate however tax isn't showing up at checkout for the current upgrade or the the next week (auto-renewing only setting).

I originally had the tax geo zone set as USA and when I applied that geo zone to the promotion I got a system error.

Then I changed the geo zone in both tax and promotion to Buyers Everywhere, but then no tax showing with upgrade.

I also tested to make sure the initial subscription is charging tax and it is.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Linda

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #173702 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Tax missing with promotions discount
Please ensure you're using CBSubs 1.2.2 as there was previously a bug in 1.2.1 that'd cause some tax or promotions issues. Does setting geo zone back to USA allow for tax to display again?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173716 by LindaGLS
Replied by LindaGLS on topic Re: Tax missing with promotions discount
Yes, I am on version 1.2.2 of CBSubs and installed promotions from the same upgrade package.

As a matter of fact, I get a 500 error when even logging in if the settings are:
Promotions - Promotion Name - Groups - Geo Zone of Buyer = USA

Do I need to send you my login credentials?

Linda

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 8 months ago #173724 by LindaGLS
Sorry to be a pest about this, but my client's site is live and I really need help resolving why a 500 error shows up (even to login) if USA is selected as Geo in Promotions Plugin...

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

12 years 8 months ago #173745 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Tax missing with promotions discount

LindaGLS wrote: Sorry to be a pest about this, but my client's site is live and I really need help resolving why a 500 error shows up (even to login) if USA is selected as Geo in Promotions Plugin...

please check server error log for more relevant information regarding the 500 error.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173876 by LindaGLS
I have attached the server log for 500 errors on Friday.

The original problem was what after installing the promotions plugin, it is processing the correct fixed discount for an upgrade, but excluding tax at check out. (Tax is adding when purchasing a new subscription.) I then changed the geo to USA and that is when the 500 error page popped up, but I don't see it referenced it the error log. This happened on 8/19.

I am running Joomla 1.5.23, CB 1.7, CBSubs 1.2.2 and the promotions plungin I installed on Friday came from the 1.2.2 package.

ADDITIONAL INFO SINCE ORIGINAL POST:
I just recreated the 500 error. I changed the group on the promotion to USA. The link that had the 500 error is www.harvestfarmbox.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&user=62&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions

Here's the server error logged:
[Mon Aug 22 08:13:05 2011] [error] [client 99.122.63.234] File does not exist: <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>harvbox/public_html/500.shtml, referer: www.harvestfarmbox.com/Community.html

I then changed USA back to Buyers everwhere, refreshed the screen on the front end where the error page was showing and it worked again.

Thanks,
Linda

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn