CBSUBS - Renew button issue

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173809 by idaaa
Replied by idaaa on topic Re: CBSUBS - Renew button issue
OK :)

I will try describe everything :

The site must offer 4 membership plans (the parents plans) with different prices. Users can choose only one at the same time :
- Simple member
- Student member
- Retired member
- Associate member

With this plan, the user can choose to add one or two journals (the children plans) :
- Journal A
- Journal B

And, I also need to add special cost if the user choose to pay :
- by card (+..€)
- or by euro check (+..€)
- or by other currency check (+..€)

And I need finally to add shipping costs (Out of france users), only if one or both of the journals are chosen (same price if he chose to get only one or the two journals).

Let's say a user makes this (simple) choice for year 2011 :
Example : simple membership + journal A + credit card paiement

There are several problems :

1/ he can renew only one option at the same time
So he can renew membership, or journal or credit card cost but not all together
which is absurd in this case (we can't provide an invoice for a credit card extra charge!)

2/ he cannot add a new options for the next year (2012)
He cannot chose to add journal B for example when he decides to renew (or he will need to create and pay another invoice, again!)

3/ finally, the renew button is displayed in advance only on the 2011 chosen options.
If the user chose to totally change his subscription for the next year (2012)
Example : student membership + 2 journals + euro check paiement
he has to wait the end of the 2011 subscription because the UPGRADE options are still for 2011 and the RENEW button isn't displayed on them.

I think the RENEW button must fit in most of the cases. But in my case it blocks flexible choices.

Finally I can't use CBsubs... :(

EDIT : in fact, in my case (am i the only one ?), the solution could be something like this :
- suppress the RENEW button on the current subscription plan
- add the current subscription plan to the upgrade possibilities list (it would become a renew/upgrade possibilities list)
- add a RENEW and a UPGRADE button to the whole list

Like this, user would be able to renew several plans at the same time (parents + children, like the upgrade button allows to) and/or could chose to renew something totally different for the next year...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #173926 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSUBS - Renew button issue

1/ he can renew only one option at the same time
So he can renew membership, or journal or credit card cost but not all together
which is absurd in this case (we can't provide an invoice for a credit card extra charge!)

Correct, you can't renew multiple plans at a time. It's designed to function this way. The only relationship a child has with its parent is that the parent is required in order to obtain the child. Beyond that there's not a whole lot of relationship. You can't renew them both at the same time. We've plans to address this with a later release by allowing the child and parent to act as a single plan having same duration, renew together, etc..

2/ he cannot add a new options for the next year (2012)
He cannot chose to add journal B for example when he decides to renew (or he will need to create and pay another invoice, again!)

Correct, you can't buy a new plan at the same time as renewing an existing plan. Something we again plan to address with a later release.

3/ finally, the renew button is displayed in advance only on the 2011 chosen options.
If the user chose to totally change his subscription for the next year (2012)
Example : student membership + 2 journals + euro check paiement
he has to wait the end of the 2011 subscription because the UPGRADE options are still for 2011 and the RENEW button isn't displayed on them.

You'll need to edit your plans and adjust the renew in advance to allow your users to renew their subscriptions earlier (by 1 year maybe?).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: idaaa

12 years 8 months ago #173929 by idaaa
OK. Thank you !

12 years 8 months ago #173957 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: CBSUBS - Renew button issue
FYI, I'm still studying your interesting features-requests, as said on our private ticket.

Best Regards,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: idaaa

12 years 6 months ago #178488 by idaaa
Hello ! :cheer:

Anything new here ?

12 years 6 months ago #178591 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSUBS - Renew button issue
As far as I am aware it's still under review. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn