12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #174442 by iglew
Joomla v1.5.23, CB 1.7, GJ 2.4 Kunena 1.6.3 - 1.6.4 Template Joomlarts T3 blank

Plugins installed...
- Auto
- Events
- Wall
- About

GJ plugin ordered above the plugins, all working with no major issues in 2.3

GroupJive upgraded first then the 4 plugins upgraded No errors reported during upgrade installation

Testing with tools...

Check CB Plugins database returns no errors

All CB plugin "CB GroupJive" Database is up to date.
All CB plugin "CB GroupJive en-GB" Database is up to date.

Checking CB Database with GJ + GJ plugins returns...
"Checking Community Builder Database:

All Community Builder comprofiler_field_values table fieldid rows all match existing fields.

All Community Builder comprofiler_field_values table rows link to correct fieldtype fields in comprofiler_field table.

All Community Builder fields from comprofiler_fields are present as columns in the comprofiler table.

Checking Community Builder folders:
Avatars and thumbnails folder is Writeable.
All Core CB mandatory basics Database is up to date.

Core CB mandatory basics database checks done. If all lines above are in green, test completed successfully. Otherwise, please take corrective measures proposed in red.

Fatal error: Class 'cbgjautoClass' not found in /opt/lampp/htdocs/CPALCJ15/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveauto/cbgroupjiveauto.php on line 21"

Unpublishing the 4 GJ plugins removes the preceding error on the db Test.

The 4 GJ plugins were unpublished and tested individually.

The About plugin returns no front end or backend errors,

Enabling the auto plugin returns the following in the front end
Fatal error: Class 'cbgjautoClass' not found in /opt/lampp/htdocs/CPALCJ15/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveauto/cbgroupjiveauto.php on line 21

Enabling the events plugin returns the following in the front end
Fatal error: Class 'cbgjDBTable' not found in /opt/lampp/htdocs/CPALCJ15/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveevents/cbgroupjiveevents.php on line 1457

Enabling the wall plugin returns the following in the front end
Fatal error: Class 'cbgjDBTable' not found in /opt/lampp/htdocs/CPALCJ15/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjivewall/cbgroupjivewall.php on line 935

Users, events and auto cats were configured in 2.3

Similar fatal errors are returned if the plugins are enabled and Admin access to GJ is attempted.

Please advise if you require additional information

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174481 by krileon
You failed to upgrade something somewhere. cbgjautoClass is INSIDE of cbgroupjiveauto.php on line 1372 making the error impossible unless something failed before the class could initiate. cbgjDBTable is defined in GJs class file and a check is made at the top of each integration for cbgjClass (both classes in the same file) also making this impossible unless something failed before the classes could initiate. Please re-install the GJ 2.4rc package including its integrations (all that you use, module included). At any rate I've added additional checks for GJ 2.4 stable release so this won't happen even for out of date installs. Please also ensure GJ 2.4 is published and public within Plugin Management. Please also ensure its plugin order is always before its integrations so it may execute before the integrations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174544 by iglew
Sorry but what could I have failed to upgrade?

Core cb had been upgraded to v1.7 with no issues.

Then GJ was upgraded and worked with the old plugins,

Then the 4 plugins were upgraded which was when the issues arose, as stated turning off 3 of the 4 plugins and GJ works.

I have reinstalled to no effect

Have deleted GJ and all plugins and then re installed (Yes GJ precedes the additional plugins in ordering) - same problem.

GJ and all related plugins are public

The GJ module was initially set to registered but on all subsequent tests was set to public

A pointer as to what we could have failed to upgrade out of 6 items would be most helpful

Have now deleted all elements of GJ2.4
Installed GJ2.4 enabled and public no installation errors
Installed Module no errors
Checked with tools no errors and works (as before) in frontend. Then...
Installed wall plugin only - no installation errors reported
On trying to access GJ to use tools fails with error message as previously reported

12 years 8 months ago #174552 by krileon
No idea how this is happening, but added an additional check to ensure it doesn't for stable release. Doesn't make sense for that class to not be defined as it's in GJ 2.4rc class file at the very top making it impossible to not be defined if the cbgjClass class is defined. Perhaps caching is enabled or something of the sort?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #174607 by iglew
Were testing on our dev server and we never have any joomla caching enabled as it can make some applications too unstable, plus caches upon caches is a recipe for disaster.

We've now had time to test on a pre CB 1.7 version ie CB 1.4 with exactly same results.

We'll do a restore to dev from the current live and retest. If we get time over the next 10 days we'll try a clean install on a blank Joomla 1.7 install and see how that behaves.

What is strange is that an upgraded GJ2.4 appears to work with v2.3 wall,auto and events. Should this work?

Is there anything you can think of that you would like us to test?

12 years 8 months ago #174615 by krileon

appears to work with v2.3 wall,auto and events. Should this work?

Yes, previous versions didn't have much dependance. New releases depend on a new data processing class that is present in GJs class file. Without it data can not be processed, displayed, etc..

Is there anything you can think of that you would like us to test?

Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look. Just don't understand how this is even remotely possible. If the first IF check passed then it means cbgjClass is present which also means the data class is present (same file!); only thing I can think of is the file didn't update maybe.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn