[SOLVED] Groups based on the values of specific CB fields

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #174475 by kpfaff
Hi ,
I was reading about "CB GroupJive 2.3 Released! ". Here you mention that user will be automatically assigned to group of specific field. Like you mention in example "For example, with this integration plugin CB GroupJive 2.3 can automatically add all users with a Country field value of 'Greece' to a group about Greece. It can even be configured to on-the-fly automatically create a new group if needed."

Can you please tell me which plugin we need to installed for that functionality.

Thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #174488 by krileon
The GJ Auto integration included with the GJ 2.3/2.4 package provides this functionality. Being a professional user I recommend using GJ 2.4rc as its auto integration is completely rewritten with numerous new features.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #174512 by kpfaff
Thank you for this, we will take your advice.
On another note, is there user level documentation for GJ2.4 RC? You know, basic stuff like how to create and use groups we can give to our install base.

12 years 8 months ago #174515 by krileon
GJ comes with installation documentation, beyond that there is no further documentation; a lot of the process is trial and error. Everything has been labelled to the best of my ability (am a programmer not document-er) to be self explanatory.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #174590 by kpfaff
Replied by kpfaff on topic Urgent: upgrade cb groupjive 2.3 to 2.4rc
Hi,

Right now I am using cb groupjive 2.3. I want to confirm from you that if i install Plugin cb groupjive 2.4rc, will it effect my existing groups and category.

Regards,

12 years 8 months ago #174600 by nant

kpfaff wrote: Hi,

Right now I am using cb groupjive 2.3. I want to confirm from you that if i install Plugin cb groupjive 2.4rc, will it effect my existing groups and category.

Regards,

Upgrading to GJ 2.4RC should not have any effect on your existing groups - they will be preserved.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn