[SOLVED] Groups based on the values of specific CB fields

12 years 8 months ago #174678 by kpfaff
We successfully completed the upgrade. Thanks for the advice. We now have a nested group creation question and a data import question.

This implementation is for an international school system with schools located around the world.
We are using groups to manage the relationships between the 45 districts, 2,500 schools and 24,000 members (mostly teachers). We are working with a legacy MSSQL database and have migrated the data to MySQL

We need help set creating nested groups and populating them with data from our tables:

We have 3 relevant tables:
districts (45)
schools (2,500)
teachers (24,000)

We want to create a nested hierarchical grouping based on these 3 existing tables
where

1. superadmin is "parent" to districts
2. districts are "parents" to schools (districts have a one to many relationship to Schools and Schools have a one to one relationship with a district)
3. schools are "parents" to teachers
(we will eventually want to have teachers that are "parents" to students)

Can you offer advice and help with:

(1) How we create the nested categories needed as described above (superadmin, districts, schools and categories)? and how do we set-up our data (superadmin, distrcts, schools and teachers) in these nested categories to properly function within Group Jive 2.4rc.

(2) How we import our data from the above described tables into these groups? Which fields would we need to use in CB OR GJ?

(3) OR what are the appropriate Joomla Group Jive (or Community Builder) table(s) we can use to add data directly from our MySQL tables?

I'm not sure I've been clear about the need. Please feel free to ask questions if you need clarification.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #174698 by kpfaff
Hi,

I have installed "int_cbgroupjiveforums_24" plugin. But I not able to see this tab in front end. Please tell me where i did mistake.

Regards,

12 years 8 months ago #174727 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Urgent: upgrade cb groupjive 2.3 to 2.4rc

(1) How we create the nested categories needed as described above (superadmin, districts, schools and categories)? and how do we set-up our data (superadmin, distrcts, schools and teachers) in these nested categories to properly function within Group Jive 2.4rc.

You need to create them manually. GJ does not have an import function. Direct database queries won't execute triggers so for example the forum integration won't create the groups forums. At any rate you'd need to populate the "parent" column of the groups table for your gorups row with the group ID that is above that group.

(2) How we import our data from the above described tables into these groups? Which fields would we need to use in CB OR GJ?

You don't, there's no import feature. You're welcome to review the table structure as is self explanatory, but can not assist you with an unsupported feature as again it won't execute triggers.

(3) OR what are the appropriate Joomla Group Jive (or Community Builder) table(s) we can use to add data directly from our MySQL tables?

All GJ 2.x tables begin with _groupjive.

I have installed "int_cbgroupjiveforums_24" plugin. But I not able to see this tab in front end. Please tell me where i did mistake.

If you added groups directly through database then that's your problem. You need to run GJ tools and see if there's any issues. The tab only shows if the plugin is installed and published as well as the category/group having a forum id normally generated when you create the category/group.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #175839 by kpfaff
We had a smooth install and our previous groups were integrated. We successfully created nested categories and integrated with Kunena forum. Very cool!

However, we have an issue that appeared when we deleted two of the nested groups from the Joomla administrator back end using the Kunena forum control panel shown in the screen grab. The groups deleted are shown in this grab and were the Michigan District and St. Lorenz school. The Michigan District contained 4 groups, one of which was the St. Lorenz school

After this deletion, we received the following message when the group owner logged in and tried to display Joined groups or Category overviews (only the group owner received this message, all other logins load groups correctly.)

Error loading Modules: MySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT id, title, module, position, content, showtitle, control, params FROM jos_modules AS m LEFT JOIN jost_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid =m.id WHERE m.published =1 AND m.access <=2 AND m.client_id = 0 AND (mm.menuid =0) ORDER BY position, ordering

Can you advise?

12 years 7 months ago #175962 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Urgent: upgrade cb groupjive 2.3 to 2.4rc
Your error isn't coming from GJ so no idea what to advise, sorry. Please review server error logs and see if a more specific error is provided.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #175969 by kpfaff
Thanks for the help. We took the easy way out and reverted to the version before the deletions and error message. Things are now back to normal.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn