Integrate CB with Virtuemart

12 years 7 months ago #176250 by reders
Integrate CB with Virtuemart was created by reders
Please help,
I have virtuemart installed on my site (www.kettlercise.com)

I have now installed CB

If I install CB with the User Registration set to 'Yes independantly' in CB congif
& The joomla Main config Registration set to no, when a user goes through the checkout process and click 'Checkout' they are re-directed to the Category page in VM and not taken through the Vm Checkout Process.

If I install CB with the User Registration set to 'Yes independantly' in CB congif
& The joomla Main config Registration set to Yes, when a user goes through the checkout process everything seems to work fine.
BUT it does not confirm the users registration.

Please can you help me with how best to configure CB, Joomla & VM so that when a user comes to the site and purchases a product they are automatically registered in CB.

Once I have this running I will be installing CB Subs.

Any help would be appreciated as I do not know where to go from here.

Regards,
Sean R.

When a user is going through the checkout process

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #176252 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Integrate CB with Virtuemart
[mod note: moved to Professional support area]

12 years 7 months ago #176283 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Integrate CB with Virtuemart
You'll need to use the incubator project CB VirtueMart to transfer user data to VM from CB. Your users will need to use CBs registration process and not VMs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176368 by reders
Replied by reders on topic Re: Integrate CB with Virtuemart
I have installed the plugin CB Virtuemart and also CB Triggers.

SO what I need to do is set this up and assign CB Registration fields to send the data to VM is that correct?

But how does this work with the checkout process?
If a user goes through the checkout process and uses the CB Registration Form, once they have filled in that form do they carry on through the checkout process

Regards,
Sean R.

12 years 7 months ago #176419 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Integrate CB with Virtuemart
You need to setup triggers within CB VirtueMart to synchronize at. This is typically done after registration, after profile update, and/or after login. It's entirely up to you what triggers you use. The 10 fields you're able to pass information from are optional the plugin it self will create the user in VM with basic info such as username, email, etc... Regarding checkout there's not much I can advise. Users must register through CB so the plugin can synchronize then be logged in through CB and navigate to VM using it as normally.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176574 by reders
Replied by reders on topic Re: Integrate CB with Virtuemart
So with the checkout process will it run as follows:

Product is in basket, user clicks checkout > They are then taken to CB Registration and fill in their details > Then to next VM Checkout Pages once registration details entered?

Regards,
Sean R.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn