[SOLVED] Errors saving user from backend....

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176269 by JakeKnight
CB 1.7 on J! 1.5.23

I'm having a problem editing my users from the backend. I need to change the user access for a few of my users and can't do it.

When I go to save the user, I see the Ajax checker for the UN and Email run for a second, then say "error", then the page refreshes to the CB Welcome and Credits screen.

A few google searches showed some very old posts that seem relevant as well as a bug report from the forge site that sounded like something similar.

I know someone is going to ask me to run the CB DB check. I have run all of the tools without error.

Checking Community Builder Database:

All Community Builder comprofiler_field_values table fieldid rows all match existing fields.

All Community Builder comprofiler_field_values table rows link to correct fieldtype fields in comprofiler_field table.

All Community Builder fields from comprofiler_fields are present as columns in the comprofiler table.

Checking Community Builder folders:

Avatars and thumbnails folder is Writeable.
All Core CB mandatory basics Database is up to date.
Core CB mandatory basics database checks done. If all lines above are in green, test completed successfully. Otherwise, please take corrective measures proposed in red.

All Core CB Database is up to date.
Click here to Show details
Core CB database checks done. If all lines above are in green, test completed successfully. Otherwise, please take corrective measures proposed in red.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #176309 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Errors saving user from backend....
Weird, please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. This means the ajax check to validation username/email is failing and typically is due to $live_site being populated in configuration.php. Could also perhaps be a permissions issue causing ajax check to fail to reach CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176310 by JakeKnight
Replied by JakeKnight on topic Re: Errors saving user from backend....
Thanks for taking a look into this. I've PM'd you with the credentials. There is a chance the live_site is populated. Should I remove that from the config?

I have this same setup on multiple sites and this is a recent issue with just the one site. It was also occurring with CB 1.4. I installed 1.7 as a potential fix.

Also, RSFirewall is installed but not currently enabled.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176311 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and while the two ajax checks fail users profiles are still saving perfectly fine. Could you please provide what steps you took to result in not being able to save a user?

Thanks for taking a look into this. I've PM'd you with the credentials. There is a chance the live_site is populated. Should I remove that from the config?

Nah, it's already blank so no worries there.

I have this same setup on multiple sites and this is a recent issue with just the one site. It was also occurring with CB 1.4. I installed 1.7 as a potential fix.

If both are on the same webhost it's very likely it's a server related issue. Probably permissions based, but ajax check failing is ok as it's just a utility function. Just want to make sure you can edit uses.

Also, RSFirewall is installed but not currently enabled.

It's possible this may be causing the ajax check to fail. Have had various results with users using RSFirewall. Some have no issues and others have nothing but problems. Can't say for sure if extension is at fault, but being disabled is not likely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #176313 by JakeKnight
Replied by JakeKnight on topic Re: Errors saving user from backend....
I'm not sure what you mean by reviewed my install...

The issue we are having is in changing a user from Registered to Author. This save is not taking. If you would like to test it out, you may attempt to change the first users in the list whose initial are CC from registered to author.

The report is coming from the client that access levels aren't changing and I am also confirming the same.

12 years 7 months ago #176314 by krileon
Ah, I see. I understand your issue now, thank you for clarification. Am reviewing further to see if there's a possible conflict as local tests show working fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.454 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn