CB Connect 1.1.0: Several Issues

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177490 by bbjurstrom
CB Connect 1.1.0: Several Issues was created by bbjurstrom
I am currently using Joomla 1.5.23, CB 1.7, and CB Connect 1.1.0

1. Is there a way to add login with facebook as a field under the CB Field Manager? I'd like to add it to my site outside of the CB Login Module.

(Solved #1 using this thread: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/117-facebook-connect/165717-facebook-connect-button Still need help with #2 and #3)

2. Google Friend Connect doesn't seem to work. I've added all the keys and enabled it, but nothing happens when the sign in button is clicked on the front end and the page does not refresh. Login with Facebook and Twitter work fine though (other then issue 3 below).

3. New registrations using login with Facebook/Twitter don't import the profile picture. I've enabled all permissions and linked facebook's profile picture to CB's profile image under the registration fields. This functionality works fine when using the stand alone login with twitter/facebook plugins, but does not work with CB Connect.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thank you,
Ben

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177648 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connect 1.1.0: Several Issues

2. Google Friend Connect doesn't seem to work. I've added all the keys and enabled it, but nothing happens when the sign in button is clicked on the front end and the page does not refresh. Login with Facebook and Twitter work fine though (other then issue 3 below).

Please review browser error log when clicking the Friend Connect sign in button. All my tests show it working perfectly fine.

3. New registrations using login with Facebook/Twitter don't import the profile picture. I've enabled all permissions and linked facebook's profile picture to CB's profile image under the registration fields. This functionality works fine when using the stand alone login with twitter/facebook plugins, but does not work with CB Connect.

Please review the field mapping and see that profile picture is just the URL, it will not actually upload an image. The profile image is uploaded and mapped to the avatar field on first time registration automatically. Do not map to the avatar field or you'll override this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn