[SOLVED] Users must log in twice

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177681 by delete2end
[SOLVED] Users must log in twice was created by delete2end
Hi, I looked through the forums, but didn't see much that helped in this topic, but if it is a repeat, I am sorry.

We have a Joomla 1.7 site and have purchased the CB Professional package. We are using the CB Login module, but it seems that there are times when users must go through the login process twice for it to catch.

The front page (not calling it homepage, because really, the homepage is seen after you log in) has the login field and an opportunity to register for the site. However, users can view the site without logging in, there is a just a message that is at the top of every page that says "You are not currently logged in, ... blah blah". On every page other than the front page, we are also using the CBlogin at the very top of the page that is viewable by Guests only. Right now, it seems like sometimes when you are opening a browser for the very first time and trying to log in .. and only sometimes.. you go to the homepage with the message that you are not logged in. If the user enters their login and password in the top module, then they will be logged in.

However, this isn't always happening. We are using the CB Redirect for the login process. I have checked the URLs, and that both modules are actually the CB login. I'm not sure how to fix this, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177685 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Users must log in twice
Only reason I can see users having to login twice is you're not using CB Login and CB Registration processes. The "frontpage" you mention being login and registration, please ensure this is CBs login/registration page and not Joomlas.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177720 by delete2end
Replied by delete2end on topic Re: Users must log in twice
Hi,

I have checked that all the modules and processes are CB (as I said in the original post). Both the registration and ALL login modules. Currently, all the other login types (joomla) are unpublished.

Any other possibilities? I can only get it to happen in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer - and it is only when the browser is first opened. If I log out of a session, but don't quit Chrome or IE and then go back to the website and log back in, it works as expected.

Thanks,
D

12 years 7 months ago #177730 by krileon
Do you happen to have any caching enabled? This could be Joomlas caching or if using a T3 template I know they've a caching system as well. I don't recommend using caching of any sort or at least don't cache CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177761 by delete2end
Replied by delete2end on topic Re: Users must log in twice
All caching is (and has been) disabled..

12 years 7 months ago #177812 by krileon
Strange, please PM backend super administrator login credentials and would be happy to take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn