[SOLVED] Users must log in twice

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177874 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Users must log in twice
Have reviewed your installation and the issue was resolved after disabling the Joomla system plugin jfusion16_override. Please also confirm if working, please keep in mind you're on J1.7 and not J1.6, so likely that extension is going to fail. Please also confirm if is now working for you or not.

Please also note your install is out of date and highly recommend upgrading to J1.7.1 as it addresses some critical security issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177878 by delete2end
Replied by delete2end on topic Re: Users must log in twice
Hi! Thank you for your help.. we weren't even using the JFusion - my apologies.. However, the issue is not resolved. I just closed all of my ISPs and reopened the ones that I can on my computer: Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari and I could log in correctly for Firefox and Safari, but when logging into Google Chrome - it is the same thing - I am directed to the homepage where the message that I am not logged in shows and if I enter my login credentials again, only then am I logged in.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177955 by krileon
Your site whether component related or hosting related appears to have redirects in place, which is what is causing your issues. For example trying to navigate to http or https version of /administrator sends me directly to your frontpage, which is not normal behavior.

If you have a .htaccess present please rename or delete it and see if this will resolve the redirects. Otherwise please using phpmyadmin or any other database management software and navigate to _extensions table and disable the Joomla system plugin Redirect. Once done reconfirm if still present as I can no longer reach your backend so can not test further. If still not resolved please contact your host to see if they have any redirects in place.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #178002 by delete2end
Hi Kyle,

I sent you the correct (and new) administrator link via PM. We had changed it yesterday - I apologize for not sending it to you, did not realize you were still working to help figure this out. With the new admin in consideration (and we do not have .htaccess present) do I still need to log in to the phpmyadmin to disable the redirect plugin?

We added the plugin for when users register so that they are directed to the login page with a message.

Thanks,
D

12 years 7 months ago #178004 by krileon

do I still need to log in to the phpmyadmin to disable the redirect plugin?

Nope.

We added the plugin for when users register so that they are directed to the login page with a message.

I see, this is likely causing you problems. Please disable usage of Redirect and install incubator project CB Auto Actions (released as of today) then configure a Redirect action using the after registration trigger. This will allow for a proper API redirect (supplying a message is supported).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: delete2end

12 years 7 months ago #178017 by delete2end
Kyle,
Thank you for your patience through this - it seems that the issue is resolved. I did not download the incubator CB Auto Action yet, and wasn't sure if you meant CB Triggers.. but, we will so that our redirects are more clean.

When I updated to the Joomla 1.7.1 the login with Google Chrome was no longer a problem.

Best, and lots of gratitude.
D

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.571 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn