[SOLVED] Replacement for Hider

12 years 3 months ago #188514 by tmoran
Replied by tmoran on topic Re: Replacement for Hider
Thanks for persisting with this Kyle.

I have replaced the plugin.foundation.php file with the one you supplied and tried a number of variations on the article code below without success. Can you see what I'm doing wrong?

{cb:[cb:if gids=~"/2|*|8|*|11|*|12|*|13|*|14|*|15|*|16|*|18/"]

CONTENT

[/cb:if]}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #188557 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Replacement for Hider
Because the IDs are separated with |*| it's trying to check that exact string matches inside of GIDs which is unlikely. I assume you meant to match if the user has at least 1 of those GIDs in the list? If is the case please try the below.

{cb:[cb:if gids=~"/2|8|11|12|13|14|15|16|18/"]

CONTENT

In REGEX | means OR.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #188611 by tmoran
Replied by tmoran on topic Re: Replacement for Hider
woohoo, persistence pays :)

It was probably the only variation I hadn't tried... but now I can let users access practically anything depending on their multiple usergroup id's

Thank you, thank you, thank you
Tony

12 years 2 months ago #192619 by tmoran
Replied by tmoran on topic Re: [SOLVED] Replacement for Hider
I just upgraded to CB 1.8 and realized I must have overwritten the pre-patched 1.7.1 file Kyle had provided me...

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3157

Now none of my hidden article content is displayed and I'm guessing it's because of this.

I was going to overwrite the plugin.foundation.php file originally supplied but notice there has been ongoing work done since and thought I should ask if this is the right thing to do before I make matters worse for myself!!

Thanks,
Tony.

12 years 1 month ago #192640 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: [SOLVED] Replacement for Hider
The usage is different now. Now you'd use the below usage.

Usergroups:
[cb:if gids includes "6"][/cb:if]

Accesslevels
[cb:if viewaccesslevel includes "1"][/cb:if]

The above usage is valid for any field that outputs an array of values actually. So it works for multi-checkboxes and multi-select drop-downs. I've updated my tutorial below with these new operators and included an example.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #192747 by tmoran
Replied by tmoran on topic Re: [SOLVED] Replacement for Hider
Sorry Kyle, I've tried a number of variations on the following but I'm not having any luck...

{cb:[cb:if gids includes "/11|8|18|26|29|32/"]
content

This was the original code which worked before I upgraded:

{cb:[cb:if gids=~"/12|8|18|26|29|33/"]
content

Did the upgrade overwrite the plugin.foundation.php file you kindly provided? If not, perhaps I should be reverting to the original.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn