CBSubs Force user to subscribe plan without choose

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #187187 by dotcom22
hello

I would like to know if is possible to directly subscribe some specific users to a specific Free plan using a SQL query.

In fact I want hidden (using CSS) from registrations page all plan and according to what kind of data user provide, I want place user in some specific plan and usergroup. In practice that mean user will not be allowed to choose anything at registration. Is only when they are already member of a plan, I will display some private upgrade plan in their own Subs Tab and allow them to chose something.

Is possible ??

My setup is a bit complex and will be quite long to explain...but all my need can be done if is possible to do that...

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #187203 by nant
If you are targeting a specific user, then when not subscribe him from backend manually.

12 years 4 months ago #187286 by dotcom22
no I target all users (who have a secret key) and not only one. In fact is because I would like use your own plugin DB Lookup field and add to it a query who allow to subscribe users to a specific plan.

I already ask you that on the Incubator forum and you told me it can be difficult but without telling more about. However I suppose is possible but maybe not... I don't know if the fact to put a user inside a Plan can be done with a query or if is technically not possible...

any clue ?

many thank

12 years 4 months ago #187292 by krileon
You can't force a user to a plan via DB Lookup that I am aware of. This is often done from backend via User Management or CBSubs Import. You could display the plans on registration and for example make them free or not based off DB Lookup maybe. Giving a user a subscription though a database query will not fire off any triggers so if for example you use CBSubs SQL Actions or CBSubs Emails they wouldn't do anything for a subscription added via query.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #187547 by dotcom22
Ok I see....

So after making many test it seem the only way for me to do what I want is to set all my plan to be not exclusive...but I'm not sure if this setup will not give me bad surprise...

I don't understand well the concept "exclusive" and if that make sens to have it when used with other plan who are not exclusive...

For example here at Joomlapolis you have choose to make all your plan exclusive (if I'm not wrong). That mean we can't be at the same time Simple user, Advanced and Professional...but concretely is the case because I'm Professional and so I can get all stuff planned for Advanced and Simple free users. So instead to be recognized as Simple Free User + Advanced + Professional I'm just Professional...

Maybe is better to tell you what kind of setup I have actually:

1) REGISTERED free exclusive lifetime plan (for registered usergroup)

2) SILVER business free exclusive lifetime plan (for author usergroup)

3) GOLD business paid exclusive plan for 1 year (for author usergroup)

All plan are TOP plans and do not have any children plans...

My REGISTERED simple users will never move from this plan and will never be allowed to upgrade to SILVER or GOLD. My SILVER users will be allowed to upgrade to GOLD only and never allowed to downgrade to REGISTERED. My GOLD users will be only allowed to back to SILVER when they GOLD subscription finish and never allowed to downgrade to REGISTERED.

Later I think to create some other plan who will allow SILVER or GOLD only to subscribe and get more features...

So if now I transform all my plans from Exclusive to non-Exclusive I will be able to place users (in hidden manner) in the plan I want when they registers. This because by making plan non-exclusive is possible to set all plans "default/checked" and to conditionally propose plans based on CB field and CB Lookup field. All plans are hidden (using CSS) from Registration form/process so only me will know where users will be placed at registration according to data they provide.

The only problem I see is when my users become GOLD they will be also SILVER...and this is a bit annoying... Otherwise it seem no other "problem" will happen...

Actually I don't have many users and 99% of them are simple REGISTERED. So if I must make some change, is now the time to do because in near future many SILVER and GOLD must normally come... So I need to be sure to choose the correct setup and to think to the future when I will create other plans.

Have you some suggestion/advices to tell me ? Do you see some limit or issue if I choose to make all my plan not Exclusive ??

PS: The best for me would have been able to place users who will use the CB Lookup field directly in the SILVER plan OR to be able to set as default all Exclusive plan...but those solutions are not possible.

thank

12 years 4 months ago #187591 by krileon
Exclusive means exactly as it sounds. It makes the plan exclusive. This means you can't be subscribed to another exclusive on the same parent level. For example if you have 3 plans that are all top-level and they're exclusive you can only subscribe to 1 of them at any given time.

What we do with our plans is simply progressively protect content. Professional protects the same content as Advanced plus extra. This allows Professional to give access to everything Advanced does plus more. In your case you would need to add REGISTERED and SILVERS protection to GOLD so that GOLD can give REGISTERED and SILVERS access in addition to extra. All 3 of your plans should be exclusive.

Now that all 3 are exclusive let the plans display on registration (remove your CSS) and set them to conditionally display (workflows tab) based off the dblookup field. This should dynamically change the plan select based off your field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn