CBSubs Force user to subscribe plan without choose

12 years 4 months ago #187622 by dotcom22
Not sure to understand correctly about "protection". You mean 2 of my plan must me children of one principal plan ??

Now that all 3 are exclusive let the plans display on registration (remove your CSS) and set them to conditionally display (workflows tab) based off the dblookup field. This should dynamically change the plan select based off your field.

This is not exactly what I need... Like you on Joomlapolis I display a full description inside my Plan...and my goal is to not display publicly this content. A simple registered user don't need to know some other plans are available for business and all my business users don't need to know at registration a SILVER and GOLD plan are available free or paid.. They will discover everything after be registered...

The fact is I distinguish 3 kind of possible registration process:

- Simple user will simply register and placed inside REGISTERED...
- Business user who have a secret key will need to fill the DBlookup field and if his key match it will placed directly inside SILVER
- Business user who don't have a secret key will need to provide additional data. In all case this kind of user will be placed also in SILVER but in Pending mode (using this trick ).. After making some verification, I will approve manually this user..

So like I said if I want be able to place users inside correct plan without allow them to manually see and choose a plan, it seem I must make my plan not exclusive... I don't see any other method for allow me to set plan "Default"...

do you see ??

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #187625 by krileon

Not sure to understand correctly about "protection". You mean 2 of my plan must me children of one principal plan ??

No. Please see below example

REGISTERED (Protects Kunena)
SILVER (Protects Kunena, and VirtueMart)
GOLD (Protects Kunena, VirtueMart, and GroupJive)

The idea is GOLD will provide the same access REGISTERED and SILVER do plus more. This way the user only needs GOLD and doesn't need the previous 2 for their access.

This is not exactly what I need... Like you on Joomlapolis I display a full description inside my Plan...and my goal is to not display publicly this content. A simple registered user don't need to know some other plans are available for business and all my business users don't need to know at registration a SILVER and GOLD plan are available free or paid.. They will discover everything after be registered...

Then set only your free plan to display on registration and hide with CSS as you've done already.

So like I said if I want be able to place users inside correct plan without allow them to manually see and choose a plan, it seem I must make my plan not exclusive... I don't see any other method for allow me to set plan "Default"...

I suppose they'd need to be non-exclusive as you can't have multiple exclusive plans selected at once; sorry. Don't know what more to advise.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #188294 by dotcom22

I suppose they'd need to be non-exclusive as you can't have multiple exclusive plans selected at once; sorry. Don't know what more to advise.

I'm sorry to come back again with this but I still do not understand why you decided to not allow us to make possible to set "default" more than one exclusive plan...

I understand perfectly is not possible to subscribe to many exclusive default plan AT SAME TIME. That mean if I have 3 exclusive plan, only one of them must and can be selected.... This is completely normal...but this is only valid in the case I decide to show all this 3 plans and let user to chose one of them (like you do on Joomlapolis).

But now If I decide to show/hide plans based on CB field, why not allow us to set "default" more than one exclusive plan ??

I give you an example:

I set a CB select field who ask witch language you speak between 3 different choice:

- English
- German
- French

Now I decide to:

- show and propose plan A (mandatory) if you speak English
- show and propose plan B (mandatory) if you speak German
- show and propose plan C (mandatory) if you speak French

So in this case, if you speak English you can only subscribe to plan A if you wish (or left the site)...and plan B and C are not available for subscription (except of course if you change language)... So no matter if all plan are exclusive due to the fact only one can be choose...

The fact is the system is planned for allow always the user to choose between a given choice of plan. I would prefer force the user to subscribe to a plan according to some provided data by him... I think is not absolutely necessary to explain to user why only the plan A is allowed in the case he speak english...

So my question:

Do you plan to allow us in near future to choose to set "default" more than one exclusive plan ? And if not why ??

many thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

12 years 3 months ago #188339 by krileon

I'm sorry to come back again with this but I still do not understand why you decided to not allow us to make possible to set "default" more than one exclusive plan...

That's not possible. Exclusive means just that, exclusive. You can't have more then 1 of. You can only have 1 active exclusive plan at a time. Setting multiple defaults for them would be pointless and non-functional.

But now If I decide to show/hide plans based on CB field, why not allow us to set "default" more than one exclusive plan ??

That's because all of your plans are showing at registration. They're simply hidden and disabled using jQuery. You can't have 3 radio inputs of the same name selected at once; the HTML element doesn't allow this. The only workaround is to make them non-exclusive where they'd be checkboxes and not radios. Which might actually work fine for you to have them non-exclusive as the others are hidden by conditions.

Do you plan to allow us in near future to choose to set "default" more than one exclusive plan ? And if not why ??

Probably not and I've already explained why you can't numerous times. I don't know what more to tell you. It's not possible HTML wise and logical wise to have numerous default Exclusive plans. As they're radio inputs of same name you can't have multiples selected at once.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn