CB privacy plugin cant control delimter fields?

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #187601 by jakobe75
I have some delimiter fields that show the users email address in convenient places

but some users may want to hide this.

setting CB to allow the user to control the privacy doesnt seem to be working.

the dropdown option even though enabled on the admin side isnt showing up in the front end edit for users.

why not? How to fix?

Joomla 1.7.3
CB 1.7.1
CB subs 1.2.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #187609 by krileon
As far as I am aware you can't use CB Privacy on delimiter fields. You'd need to allow privacy control of the email address field it self then ensure your delimiter field is using proper appropriate substitution API ([cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /]) so it respect those privacy settings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #187624 by jakobe75
idk then....maybe my delimiter is setup improperly?

I was just using [email] to display since I did not want it to actively link to the email addy itself in fear of spam bots or because I cant pinpoint what default email program a user would be using so I did not want to use the "mailto:" function.

your suggested code:
[cb:userfield field="email" /]

using this displays a "send mail" link on the profile which when clicked redirects to the CB internal messaging email system. I dont use the internal system because I have SuperMessanger by AXXIS installed) and also it doesnt display the actual email address.

It displays the "send mail" link on the profile when other users look at it as well as the profile owner...havent tried the admin view yet.

Which is a great function maybe....but if I am to use this method then I should be able to open up messaging system of choice. I would like for them to be able to display their email if they wanted to as well.

I wanted users to be able to enter in their email once and then for it to be used on several tabs if need be..and displayed on the the cblists through the usage of delimiters.

which it does do, but there is no way to control the privacy of those fields.

Instead it looks as though I have to create an email address entry field on each tab that I want the users to be able to display an email address and then let CB privacy control the fields privacy.

its just a little more work for me to setup and more work for the user when maintaining their profile.

Was hoping to streamline the with use of delimiters.

not a major issue right now, just wanted to make it easier for users. It's not something I had my core concept set around.

Thanks for the guidance.

12 years 3 months ago #187627 by krileon
Well you can also try the below, but I can't recall if it respects privacy controls or not.

[cb:userdata field="email" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #187633 by jakobe75
yes it displays the email address

no it doesnt respect the privacy settings.

oh well.....

If the main email address field has privacy available and it is set to "do not display"
the delimiter overrides this and displays anyways.

it must be a delimiter field limitation.

Might be worth correcting in an upcoming release if possible.
delimiters should have the ability for privacy as well.

until then I will find a workaround.

Any advice on how to call SuperMessanger instead of the default CB email system?

12 years 3 months ago #187637 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: CB privacy plugin cant control delimter fields?
quick and dirty workaround idea...
What about wrapping all displayed Email fields with an IF statement? The IF asks for a another CB-checkbox field i.e. cb_showmyemailadress
The user can set this checkbox, and it hides ALL occurencies.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn