CB privacy plugin cant control delimter fields?

12 years 3 months ago #187640 by jakobe75
Sounds like a better and easier option altogether.

Although they might lose the ability of custom privacy levels to connection categories.

I think that it might be a better way to go.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #187645 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: CB privacy plugin cant control delimter fields?

jakobe75 wrote: ... Although they might lose the ability of custom privacy levels to connection categories...

and now a total weired quick & dirty idea... :evil: :ohmy: B)
what about using an extra tab as a wrapper? And load/substitute a whole tab via ID... set display style to raw... user could set tabs privacy level to certain connections.

12 years 3 months ago #187648 by krileon

yes it displays the email address

no it doesnt respect the privacy settings.

oh well.....

If the main email address field has privacy available and it is set to "do not display"
the delimiter overrides this and displays anyways.

it must be a delimiter field limitation.

Might be worth correcting in an upcoming release if possible.
delimiters should have the ability for privacy as well.

until then I will find a workaround.

Substitutions will respect privacy but it depends on what substitution is used. For example [FIELDNAME] and [cb:userdata field="FIELDNAME" /] both ignore privacy while [cb:userfield field="FIELDNAME" /] should. With userdata and userfield it's also possible to specify the "reason" which could be "list", "profile", etc.. as well as "output" among others. Maybe try the below if you want just the value.

[cb:userfield field="email" output="rss" /]

I've updated my substitution tutorial to provide a comma separated list of reasons, outputs, and formatting.

Any advice on how to call SuperMessanger instead of the default CB email system?

Nope, never used SuperMessanger sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

12 years 3 months ago #187651 by jakobe75
Thats not bad idea, and I could maybe group some other related fields on there as well.

It would prevent them from having to privacy filter each field individually on the tabs.

Thanks, I'll give it whirl here shortly.

12 years 3 months ago #187654 by jakobe75
cool I'll check out the new tutorials soon.

SuperMessenger is a component from AXXIS.gr, really cleans up the internal messenger with alot of options like image, video and file attachments and they get attached and previewed inline just like the Facebook messaging system.

You can limit the amount of messages sent per day or the amount of recipients.

Plus it gives you a search function to find a user and then send them a message without having to visit their profile or find them in your connections list.

You just type their name and the Ajax search kicks in.

all sorts of stuff is packed in there...too much to list.

Its the best one I have found so far.

12 years 3 months ago #187671 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: CB privacy plugin cant control delimter fields?

krileon wrote: ...
[cb:userfield field="email" output="rss" /]
... I've updated my substitution tutorial to provide a comma separated list of reasons, outputs, and formatting.

My favourite cheat-sheet for CB ;-) Thanks for updating the page... but, please, could you give some examples for the syntax and final output. That would be a big difference and a great help. Thanks in advance.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.689 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn