[SOLVED] CB Login redirected to joomla core login

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191489 by creezi
I have a strange redirect to the joomla core login. Really anoying, sinse the registered user ends up on the joomla profile page, which is not used. Only using cb of course.

Global site login is set to off and in CB on.

Anyone know of a fix for this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191503 by creezi
BTW
Joomla 2.5.0
Cb 1.7.1

12 years 2 months ago #191564 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Login redirected to joomla core login
So after login you're sent to the Joomla login page? Not sure I understand what your issue is. Could you please further clarify what is happening and exact steps to duplicate it. It's also worth noting we've just released CB 1.8 RC2 which is far more compatible with J1.6+ then any previous release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #191571 by creezi
Thanks for the reply.

If a user clicks on a menu link that is only visible to registered users. He/she is redirected to the joomla login page. Not the cb login page.

I have followed every step and suggestion on this forum and in the documentation, but nothing seems to change this redirection.

Any new advice?

Sinse we have just got the site up and running without any other errors (it was a tough road) I am a bit nervous about updating to CB 1.8 RC2. Afraid we will run into new problems. And the site is visited by allot of users at the moment.

12 years 2 months ago #191602 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Login redirected to joomla core login

If a user clicks on a menu link that is only visible to registered users. He/she is redirected to the joomla login page. Not the cb login page.

That's normal. The only thing we have that redirects away from Joomla pages is CBSubs, but for that to work you need to have the cbpaidsubsbot installed (included with CBSubs package). Alternative solution is to check Joomla.org for a Joomla system plugin to redirect away from Joomla pages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #191606 by creezi
Is this normal? I thought I remembered that on my previous installs you are taken to the cb login, when the global site registration is set to off. Because with this login, it directs to the joomla user profile. We do not use this profile, only the cb profile. So this is very confusing.

Is there a way to direct to the cb profile, not the joomla?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn