[#3307] Assigning user group based on CB field value

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192414 by timberlineevents
I follow your tutorial:

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18237-assigning-usergroup-based-on-cb-field-value

The case is pretty much the same as I have 3 different groups to give different access
So I build this structure:

-Registered
--Main
---users A
---users B
---users C

I set Joomla 1.7 to put these users in Main

Then I set the auto actions just like your example to move them from main to the respective Group. Tested with and without the 3 extra auto actions to remove the original Joomla assigned group.

So far so good, the groups were added or changed, but when testing:

After clicking on the link sent in the email confirmation, returns to the site with the user logged in and a message saying “you need to logout”
Even that the user is not enabled neither approved (checked in CB user manager and Joomla user manager).
I think I need some help here, please!!

Tks

PS: all other auto actions were disabled to test these.
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
12 years 2 months ago #192481 by krileon
You can't use confirmation links or view registration page while logged in. How are they even logged in when they're not confirmed? Please ensure you're only using CB login and registration workflows.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
12 years 2 months ago #192484 by timberlineevents
Replied by timberlineevents on topic Re: Assigning user group based on CB field value
Well, that is the main point. You can´t neither register if you are logged in. “you are already logged in” is the message that shows up if you try to. I am only using CB registration and CB login.

I will set the example again so you can test it yourself.

Tks.
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192492 by krileon
Still don't understand. Why are you trying to confirm and register while logged in? Are you automatically logging in from some sort of script after registration?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
12 years 2 months ago #192504 by timberlineevents
Replied by timberlineevents on topic Re: Assigning user group based on CB field value

krileon wrote: Still don't understand. Why are you trying to confirm and register while logged in? Are you automatically logging in from some sort of script after registration?

I am not. What I am saying is that you cannot register if you are already logged in, therefore you can´t confirm neither.

I just set it up: (any other auto action is inactive)

Registration configuration:
“Require Admin Approval: yes”

If you want to try it yourself will send you URL by PM or email

It works fine without the Add/Remove Group auto action so I believe the issue should be there.

Not sure if this could be related to the trigger “onAfterUserRegistration”, maybe I missed but could not see it the trigger dropdown list.

tks
Attachments:
12 years 2 months ago #192507 by krileon

I am not. What I am saying is that you cannot register if you are already logged in, therefore you can´t confirm neither.

Of course, that's intended. You're already logged in. Why would you need to confirm or register.

It works fine without the Add/Remove Group auto action so I believe the issue should be there.

What works without it. It doesn't make any sense. Regardless of the auto action you should never be able to perform confirmation or registration while logged in. It has always functioned this way.

Please be more descriptive of what your issue is because I don't understand what the problem is. You should not be logged in after registration. If you are then something you installed or configured it logging you in after registration. You should not be able to login if you're blocked, not accepted, and/or not confirmed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn