[#3307] Assigning user group based on CB field value

12 years 2 months ago #192599 by timberlineevents
Replied by timberlineevents on topic Re: Assigning user group based on CB field value

I've created the below bug ticket for further investigation.

So when this will be fix?? Is that a game over,for now?

I suspect it's due to setting the session for the user and will resolve with next release to ensure it does not update the session if one does not exist.

I don´t really understand what this means
The topic has been locked.
12 years 2 months ago #192636 by timberlineevents
Replied by timberlineevents on topic Re: Assigning user group based on CB field value
I really appreciate you help up to now, but with this issue feel like I waste my time.

We bought your extension, which by the way is not cheap, and supposed to have Professional customer support.
You offer within this support a tutorial that actually does not work, and when trying to fix it I found myself with an answer like “It is a bug and needs further investigation, will fix it with the next release”. Not even mentioning that you don´t have a schedule time for this.
So, how this solve my problem? It doesn´t.
So, what kind of support is this?? Poor and lousy, not professional.

Anyway, I did spend some time trying to fix this issue and I found a workaround.
Note that I am posting it not to help you but to help other people who may find themselves in the same situation:

the way this will work is changing the trigger from “after registration (onAfterUserRegistration)” to “onAfterLogin”.
This way the email confirmation goes through normal channels (does not create a fake auto login conflict) and the user group is changed or added within the user’s first login.
Test it with multiple users and works fine.

Which actually confirm my suspicion that the conflict is between the trigger and the email confirmation action.
Basically, what I spend almost a day trying to explain you.
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192649 by krileon
It's a bug. I'll be fixing it with next release of CB Auto Actions. I've already told you this. Everything you provided helped in finding the bug that I'll be fixing and is greatly appreciated so of course your time wasn't wasted. I can't provide for you a release date as I'm working on a stable build of GJ 2.5 before I stabilize all of the active incubator projects. I'd like to get a new release of CB Auto Actions out before then end of this week, but that's just an internal goal and not by any means a release date.

So, how this solve my problem? It doesn´t.

Of course it doesn't. I don't know what you expected. I can't stop immediately everything I am doing, fix 1 bug, and release a new build specifically for you. Please understand you're not the only user on this site who needs support. Many are awaiting bug fixes on several projects, all of which waiting far longer then you. There's only so many hours in a day and I must prioritize my time and projects carefully. First is GJ 2.5 stable; then is all the incubator projects; then is CB 2.0.

So, what kind of support is this?? Poor and lousy, not professional.

That seams a bit unfair. I've just spent the past 2 days trying to help you and investigate the issue and finally coming to the conclusion it was a bug. Of course this process took longer then expected, because I didn't understand what the issue was as you were explaining it in regards to confirmation, which wasn't the problem at all and was in fact due to being auto logged in after registration, which was a huge clue as to what the cause was and found the cause in source to be fixed and tested properly for next release. I've also helped you in your other support threads, which you seamed to greatly appreciate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
12 years 2 months ago #192667 by timberlineevents
All right. Apologize; I might be a little unfair with you. As I said before you have been very helpful up to this issue, but I understand that you may need more time to solve it. Hope you do.
Thanks
12 years 2 months ago #192683 by krileon
I'm looking to push a new release by end of this week that'll solve your issue and a few others. Hopefully this will be timely for you. In the meantime if you've like to try a proposed quickfix below would be appreciated.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbautoactions/models/usergroup.php
ON: Lines 18-115
FROM
						$session->set( 'user', new JUser( $user->id ) );
TO
						if ( $session->getId() ) {
							$session->set( 'user', new JUser( $user->id ) );
						}

There's a couple of occurrences of the above, but the lines indicate the function where they occur at. Simply replace them with the TO. I believe this should fix the issue, but I've yet to find time to thoroughly test that fact.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
12 years 2 months ago #192728 by timberlineevents
I replace the code of the 3 lines that code shows, and still does not work. It does the same thing.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn