[#3307] Assigning user group based on CB field value

12 years 2 months ago #193022 by timberlineevents
Replied by timberlineevents on topic Re: Assigning user group based on CB field value

krileon wrote:

Do you have at list an idea of when is it going to be released??
Sometime in the next 2 weeks or so.

So you know the CB blogs isn´t notifying to the workflows module neither.

And I am letting you know that because my client likes that plug in.

As for me particularly, for what I already saw and tested about CB blogs plus you “Sometime in the next 2 weeks or so.” answer is a “trash this crap plug-in”

Nothing personal.

The topic has been locked.
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #193027 by krileon

So you know the CB blogs isn´t notifying to the workflows module neither.

It won't ever interact with the module, because the module has no triggers to extend it further. Unfortunately this means it won't be possible for me to add CB Blogs information to the workflows module.

As for me particularly, for what I already saw and tested about CB blogs plus you “Sometime in the next 2 weeks or so.” answer is a “trash this crap plug-in”

That's a bit rude and harsh don't you think? I'm only 1 person and I've over 15 projects as well as you and hundreds of other users to provide support for. It takes time to maintain all these projects and right now GJ has far greater priority then CB Blogs, which will be fully upgraded with new features and bug fixes in the coming weeks.

If you find it crap then don't use it as it's purely your choice what you choose to install. Sorry, but it's not appreciative to trash a developers work (especially on their own forums while they're trying to help you); constructive criticism and suggestions are always welcome, but blatant and obvious trashing is not (calling something "crap" is not helpful to me, the community, or your self for that matter).

Everything here except CBSubs is open source. There is absolutely nothing stopping you from fixing some of the issues and contributing back to the project as that is the spirit of opensource. Please understand am not asking you to fix something you've paid for, but am simply stating the option for yourself to fix it is certainly there. Otherwise please be patient as other users have been while I work CB Blogs into my schedule (again next 2-3 weeks).

Additionally you can't push me for a release date when we've never provided release dates in over 3 years and then be upset by my response. I gave my best estimate as the next 2-3 weeks I'll be devoting all development time to upgrading -all- active incubator projects (that includes CB Blogs of course).

It's also not without saying that CB Blogs is quite active. The last release was just a month and a half ago. So it's quite well maintained. Release schedules based off if issues found or not are very very quickly for incubator projects. However, in the past weeks that has slowed while I was working towards a GJ 2.5 Stable release (released today to our workgroups for testing).

Thread locked as original issue is now resolved and thread is going off topic unnecessarily.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn