Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Registration storing plain text passwords?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #196141 by krileon
Hmm, couldn't confirm backend issue. Are you perhaps using the backend after registration trigger with CB Auto Actions? My test was without CB Auto Actions.

[UPDATE]: Couldn't confirm backend plaintext with CB Auto Actions either. It's possible something else installed is causing this as it's particularly easy for a plugin to store plaintext if they do a user object store(). I recommend disabling 3rd party CB plugins 1 by 1 to see if it resolves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #242396 by prestoproducts
Replied by prestoproducts on topic Re: Registration storing plain text passwords?

krileon wrote: However, you'd of had to create an action to store it as plaintext.

Disable CB Auto Actions and confirm if plaintext storage is still happening.

That's what is was for me. Just had the same issue.

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 3 months ago #242405 by krileon

prestoproducts wrote:

krileon wrote: However, you'd of had to create an action to store it as plaintext.

Disable CB Auto Actions and confirm if plaintext storage is still happening.

That's what is was for me. Just had the same issue.

Disable CB Auto Actions resolved plaintext passwords for you? If this is the case then please ensure you're using latest release (5.1.3). Previous releases had a bug that'd cause this, but I can not confirm this is the case with latest release as all actions that perform a ->store() set the password null so it won't update.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #242420 by prestoproducts
Replied by prestoproducts on topic Re: Registration storing plain text passwords?
Just checked and I am using CB Auto Actions 5.1.3

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 3 months ago #242448 by krileon
You posted that this is happening due to your code action usage in the below topic.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/224835-php-code-trigger-is-causing-plain-text-password#242399

Please continue further discussion regarding your specific issue in that topic. CB Auto Actions can't do anything about raw PHP code being executed like that. As it's a user store during registration you must set the password to null to prevent it from saving a password.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon