Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Registration storing plain text passwords?

• ortomedia
  • ortomedia
12 years 2 months ago #196021 by ortomedia
Replied by ortomedia on topic Re: Registration storing plain text passwords?
Ok. It appears to be the 3354 patch file. I have changed the cb.tables.php file back to the original and now the passwords are being stored encrypted.

However, my CB Auto Actions don't work unless the patch is installed. Any suggests guys?

Thanks again,

Shorn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #196024 by krileon
Confirmed, am re-reviewing the issue and will supply a new patch when possible. For now there is absolutely no workaround, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ortomedia
  • ortomedia
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #196025 by ortomedia
Ok Kyle, at least I know what it is now. You have definitely confirmed that it is the patch file causing this? Just so i am 100% sure....
Just need to somehow explain to my client why his site isn't launching...again!! Stress...

Please keep me updated about a possible release date.

Thanks,

Shorn.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by ortomedia.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #196042 by krileon
I've uploaded a new patch and released a new CB Auto Actions. You shouldn't have any further cleartext problems once both are applied.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3354
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb-cbautoactions/files

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

• ortomedia
  • ortomedia
12 years 2 months ago #196118 by ortomedia
Thanks for the quick patch and fix. Everything is working fine now and passwords are back to normal.

Now I've got CB Autoactions to work I don't know how I lived without it before!!

Thanks again,

Shorn.

• ortomedia
  • ortomedia
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #196119 by ortomedia
Just found another problem with this though :(

If I add a user from the admin section using CB the passwords are still stored as plain text. Fixed from the front-end but not the back-end.

Almost...

(This isn't urgent for me at the moment but I guess it needs fixing when you get chance)
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by ortomedia. Reason: just an update...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon