Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Groupjive::Members can't select published status.

• gunblaze
  • gunblaze
12 years 2 months ago #196109 by gunblaze
Hi. I'm not sure if my groupjive settings are correctly set. But i think all my settings are set to the lowest possible.

But my Groupjive members can't select listing status when creating new groups. Only those in manager or with admin rights are able to publish the groups and select the categories.

Categories for registered members are non-selectable and displayed as text. Publish line is not displayed at all.

Wonder if anyone can help me out here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #196140 by krileon
Users can't select the publish status of their groups or categories. That is a parameter strictly for moderators. By default a category or group is published. However, if category or group approval is enabled then by default it's unpublished. Category owners can select the published status of the groups in their category however. Same applies to group owners can select publish status of nested groups in their group, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• gunblaze
  • gunblaze
12 years 2 months ago #196147 by gunblaze
Its the same for when my users create a new group. How can they create if they are not able to make it published and select their categories.?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #196151 by krileon
You likely have group approval enabled. Your moderators will need to approve the creation of those groups from the approval page. You can disable approval within GJ > Config > Groups > General and set "Approve" to "Disable". What do you mean select their categories? You can't specify a category if you clicked "New Group" while browsing a category as it defaults to the category they were browsing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• gunblaze
  • gunblaze
12 years 2 months ago #196155 by gunblaze
Nope. Already disabled it there but problem still exists. I'm not so worried about the categories. But the published is still not showing.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #196157 by krileon
Again, published will not show. A user can't publish/unpublish their own group. It's a moderator/administrative feature. I've explained this in my first reply, please read carefully.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon