Add a 'not now' option to for connection requests

12 years 3 weeks ago #196939 by onlinesince79
Hi there,

I would like to know how to implement an additional option when viewing new connection requests. At present there is the accept or decline, however in a scenario where for example a user might get 10 new friend requests, they might only want to accept 3 new friends at the present time, and decide on the others later.

With the current setup they have to either accept or decline each and every request to date even if they only want to deal with a selected number of requests.

Community builder is great, v powerful and flexible but i feel as a social platform this feature really is needed.

A simple 3rd option 'Not Now', so a user can accept or decline as they please, and postpone connection requests until they are ready.

Please provide a solution, many thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #197018 by krileon
Only way to implement that is to edit the connections plugin, which is a core edit. I however can not help you with core edits, sorry. With CB 2.0 we'll be completely redoing the connections system and giving it the much needed improvements.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #197020 by onlinesince79
Replied by onlinesince79 on topic Re: Add a 'not now' option to for connection requests
Okay so no solution at all until CB 2.0. Could i please have assistance with the other issue i have with CB SUBS:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/256-cbsubs-support/196748-text-after-manual-renewal-of-subscription#196759

12 years 3 weeks ago #197036 by krileon

Okay so no solution at all until CB 2.0.

Yes and no. It's doable, but again requires editing of the connections plugin found below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnections/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #197043 by onlinesince79
Replied by onlinesince79 on topic Re: Add a 'not now' option to for connection requests
Okay i will have a look at the file and see what can be done. Without looking through any pages, whats the eta for 2.0 krileon?

Also re the other thread i mentioned shall i just keep checking that for updates?

Thanks

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #197050 by krileon

whats the eta for 2.0 krileon?

We'd like to have a beta out by end of this year, but that's just an internal goal and subject to change.

Also re the other thread i mentioned shall i just keep checking that for updates?

Yes, please don't post links to threads inside of another thread. It's an unfair attempt to get your issue attention over everyone else. I'm going through the posts as quickly as I can and I'll get to it when I can. Please understand only professional forums have guaranteed response time.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn