Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Bootstrap + template CSS

• cbrace
  • cbrace
11 years 8 months ago #211259 by cbrace
Bootstrap + template CSS was created by cbrace
Hi,

I just installed Bootstrap Template 1.0.2. I am particularly impressed at the visual improvements in the profile editing tabs.

Question: What is the safest strategy for adapting it? I have some CB styling CSS in my Joomla site template, but I notice quite a bit is overriden by the Bootstrap CSS, which appears to take precendence.

I can edit the Bootstrap CSS directly or make a copy and rename it and edit that, but neither approaches will ideal when the Bootstrap template is updated. Any suggestions?

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
11 years 8 months ago #211385 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Bootstrap + template CSS
Thank you !

It depends on your template: If your template CSS loads after CB Bootstrap (you can check your <head> in your html source), then easiest is to copy from CB Bootstrap's template.css only the parts that you want to override into your site template.

If your site template loads before CB Bootstrap, you can still try to override by adding a CSS selector, or you would need to adapt CB Bootstrap to your needs, and using a diff tool or svn tool adapt the changes to new releases before installing.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• cbrace
  • cbrace
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #211427 by cbrace
Replied by cbrace on topic Re: Bootstrap + template CSS
Strange, I see my site CSS loading after the CB CSS in the source of page. Will have to investigate this further.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by cbrace.

• Hertak
  • Hertak
11 years 8 months ago #211479 by Hertak
Replied by Hertak on topic Re: Bootstrap + template CSS
Hi, i´m working with this template and t3 template from joomlart.
For override i put the important part of the boostrap css on my custom css
Code:
.cb_template_bootstrap a:hover, #myCon a:hover, #overDiv a:hover { color: #1B5424 !important; }
This part i put on my template.css inside the css folder of the main template
This code override the link colour and i do the same for override the buttons colours.
For me works great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat, cbrace

• beat
  • beat
11 years 8 months ago #211498 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Bootstrap + template CSS

cbrace wrote: Strange, I see my site CSS loading after the CB CSS in the source of page. Will have to investigate this further.

That's quite usual for templates, they try to load at end to have an easier life to override extensions....

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• cbrace
  • cbrace
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #211501 by cbrace
Replied by cbrace on topic Re: Bootstrap + template CSS
Sorry, what I meant to say was that I found it strange that although my site template with CB CSS modifications appears to be loading after the Boostrap Template CSS, the latter seems to be taking precedence. I must be missing something somewhere.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by cbrace.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon