Auto action not working anymore after update Virtuemart 2.0.22a

10 years 9 months ago #231118 by postkat
Hi there,

I get really tired of this...
In Joomla 1.5 the synchronistion worked fine but since i upgraded to Joomla 2.5 it is nothing but trouble. First i discoverd there was a conflict with Virtuemart, so i disabled login in the shopping cart and it seemed to work. Then i upgraded the auto actions plugin and the sync stopped working again. That problem was solved and now it stopped working agin.....

The synchronisation worked for a week (at least i think t did) and stopped working after the virtuemart upgrade to 2.0.22a.
I have the most recent CB and Auto Actions plugin.

When i test it seems to work sometimes but then i try again and it doesn't. Why is it not just working all the time?
I have tried different triggers and settings but no matter what i try it is just not reliable. Every time i think i solved the problem my client calls me again a few days later because their customers don't understand why they cannot order....

Can someone please tell me how i can get the Virtuemart synchronistion working again?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #231122 by krileon
Please provide a screenshot of your VM action. There's no reason for it to sometimes work unless your conditional is designed for it to sometimes work. If you're using after login trigger for example then you must use CB login as logins from any other source will not work with CB Auto Actions. Please also ensure you're using CB Auto Actions 5.1.2. I don't see what this has to do with ordering in VM though. You don't even need to synchronize to be able to order in VM.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #231126 by postkat
Hi Krileon,

Screenshot attached.

I am using the CB login and Auto Actions 5.12.1.

Customers are not very smart... When they just registered and logged in and they want to checkout but they cannot choose a delivery method because Virtuemart has no address. The message they get however is

"Please select a shipment method
We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order."

They do not understand that they just have to fill in the Billig address information..
Attachments:

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #231127 by postkat
Where can i find the Auto Action debug log?

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #231131 by krileon
The action only needs to synchronize 1 time and then never again for it to work fine. So either VM is losing the values or simply isn't using them for whatever reason. As you did not supply a screenshot of your entire auto action I can't suggest the possibility you've a configuration issue for the VM action it self. For example address type and name should be set correctly as needed by your VM install.

Customers are not very smart... When they just registered and logged in and they want to checkout but they cannot choose a delivery method because Virtuemart has no address. The message they get however is

Then VM should ask them to supply one.

They do not understand that they just have to fill in the Billig address information..

I'm not sure how this relates to CB Auto Actions. If VM can't make this clear then it's bad design on VMs part.

Where can i find the Auto Action debug log?

No such thing exists. Debug mode just debugs access and conditional checks and outputs as var_dump if it fails.

Please understand the action simply pushes CB field values to VMs userinfo database table. It really doesn't do anything more than that. If VM isn't using the information for whatever reason then I don't know what more to suggest. You should check your VM database tables to ensure the information actually exists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #231136 by postkat
I have added a new screenshot.

Just tested again.
I tried several scenario's.
First i clicked the register link in the cb login module and this time it worked. After that i checked the database and found al lot of userinfo's from previous tests an i deleted them.
The second time i added something to my cart and clicked the checkout link, followed the link from the cart to the registration page and this time it didn't work. I checked if anything was in the virtuemart_userinfos database and there wasn't.
Tried a third scenario; Add something to cart, follow cart registration link and went back to cart and clicked the login link t a login page. And again this time nothing was transfered to Virtuemart.

My conclusion is that something is going wrong with the Auto Actions plugin that was still working when the name fields wheren't ignored...
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn