Groupjive Update

9 years 5 months ago #253764 by roeland83
Groupjive Update was created by roeland83
When will the major re-write of Groupjive be finished?

Got a website ready to install GroupJive, the old GroupJive doesn't work properly with CB 2.0.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #253806 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive Update
Its upgrade is planned last. The only know CB 2.x issue is GJ Events date and time selection, which I've quickfix released below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/227366-groupjive-event-date-problem#253480

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 5 months ago #253972 by roeland83
Replied by roeland83 on topic Groupjive Update
Thanks for your response, the problem is that a client of my is working with Joomla! 2.5and CB 1.9 and GJ.

They are upgrading to Joomla! 3.3 and CB 2.0 and GJ. GroupJive doesn't look good at all and if a Major ReWrite in progress is, I will import their data in the new GroupJive rather than in the old one.

Joomla! 2.5 will be supported untill the eind of this month, when will GJ be ready. I am almost done migratin the website of this client, but am waiting for the new GroupJive.

Untill then I have wait and keep updating the new website so it will stay the same as the old (current live) one.

Are we talking hours or days or weeks??

Many thanks in advance!

9 years 5 months ago #253977 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Groupjive Update

roeland83 wrote: Thanks for your response, the problem is that a client of my is working with Joomla! 2.5and CB 1.9 and GJ.

They are upgrading to Joomla! 3.3 and CB 2.0 and GJ. GroupJive doesn't look good at all

Frontend viewing should not be affected.

and if a Major ReWrite in progress is, I will import their data in the new GroupJive rather than in the old one.

Joomla! 2.5 will be supported untill the eind of this month, when will GJ be ready. I am almost done migratin the website of this client, but am waiting for the new GroupJive.

Untill then I have wait and keep updating the new website so it will stay the same as the old (current live) one.

Are we talking hours or days or weeks??

Many thanks in advance!

It will be ready when it is ready.

Sorry our workload is just too heavy at the moment.

If you need an estimate to help you plan your client site, then my estimate is weeks (but not months).

9 years 5 months ago #254017 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive Update
If a plugin you very much depend on is not upgraded yet then stay on CB 1.x until it is. It is not going to hurt your site, your users, or your clients to keep their experience the way it currently is until then. All of our plugins upgrade perfectly fine from their older releases as does CB 1.x to CB 2.x (we've internal migration that takes place during installations). So continuing to work with CB 1.x is not going to make your setup irrelevant or anything of the sort. The only thinks you should be mindful of is language strings and templates as both have changed quit significantly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #257803 by roeland83
Replied by roeland83 on topic Groupjive Update
What's the status of GroupJive? Are we still talking weeks (now almost 2 months) or is it almost done?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds