[SOLVED] CB CONDITIONAL issue in Modify Profile

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #255470 by conquist
Replied by conquist on topic CB CONDITIONAL issue in Modify Profile
Hi Kile, please help me and tell me the better way to use CB CONDITIONAL to resolve my case.

I'm asking if the user knows any languages.

field1: "Drop down single select" Value YES/NOT
If the answer is Yes, there are from one to seven group of information for each language.

7 groups of information
field1: Drop down single select which langauge
field2: 4 Radio button about level of Speaking
field3: 4 Radio button about level of Reading
field4: 4 Radio button about level of Listening
field5: 4 Radio button about level of Writing
field6: Text about certification

I'd like that the group of information was show not all togheter but one for time and for the only number of language that the user knows.

Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #255485 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB CONDITIONAL issue in Modify Profile
Have field 1 show fields 2-6 when field 1 is equal to Yes. If field 1 is a checkbox then "Yes" does not exist as a value; it's actually 1 for Yes and 0 for No for checkboxes. The conditional should be on field 1 as a condition others.

If you want field 1 to show field 2, then field 2 show field 3, then field 3 show field 4, etc.. then condition it exactly like that. Due to value resetting the others should auto-hide properly. So for example field 1 is equal to yes then show field 2, if field 2 is not empty then show field 3, if field 3 is not empty then show field 4, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #256030 by conquist
It works well. Thanks.

9 years 3 months ago #256345 by PierreCorell
Replied by PierreCorell on topic CB CONDITIONAL issue in Modify Profile

krileon wrote: This is due to no AND/OR condition support; they're all treated as individual conditions.

Hello, I have a similar issue and think, the quoted part points to it...

I have a multiple select field 1 with various options. Two of them should bring up a new select field for each (fields 2, 3). The issue is, when I select both trigger-options at field 1, only field 3 is appearing.
Is there a way, to set the condition to bring up both fields 2 and 3, when at field 1 all triigered options are chosen?

Thanks in advance,
Pierre.

9 years 3 months ago #256372 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB CONDITIONAL issue in Modify Profile

I have a multiple select field 1 with various options. Two of them should bring up a new select field for each (fields 2, 3). The issue is, when I select both trigger-options at field 1, only field 3 is appearing.
Is there a way, to set the condition to bring up both fields 2 and 3, when at field 1 all triigered options are chosen?

If you condition the same field more than once then only the last conditional applied to that field will be relevant. It doesn't matter how you configure it, but if that case happens then that issue too will happen. You need to structure your conditions so a field is being conditioned only once. Typically condition self is the way to do this instead of condition others.

So in your case fields 2 and 3 should check field 1 for its value for best results using a condition self. Please also ensure you're using CB Conditional 4.0.5 as there were some known issues with PHP side of conditioning.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PierreCorell

9 years 3 months ago #256891 by PierreCorell
Replied by PierreCorell on topic CB CONDITIONAL issue in Modify Profile

krileon wrote: So in your case fields 2 and 3 should check field 1 for its value for best results using a condition self. Please also ensure you're using CB Conditional 4.0.5 as there were some known issues with PHP side of conditioning.

Thanks for the infos, especially for the update one - didn´t get it^^
The suggested way I did try before, too - and still the same issue is appearing. I click at field1 (the main one) option2 (where should appear field2), field2 becomes visible. Do I unclick it, it also hides again.

Now I click option2 folllewd by option3, field3 should appear which it does, while field2 becomes hidden though option2 is still clicked.

I think about it: Maybe it just works with single selects...
--- thinking, please wait ---
ahhh goddamn, got it!
the field2 and field3 conditions of course have to set as "does contain" instead of "equal to" because of cb-db-structure where all setted values are stored at the same column^^
Sometimes you have to complicate things to find the simple solution :blink:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn